kmkwanaa

"HOUSEHOLD" word in Afiidavit of support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I wonder there is the income requirement for Afilidavit of Support form which My fiance will have to ask his dad for co-sponsorship together.

However, the income requirement states with "number of household", what does this mean?

Does it mean the number of people living in the same house or in his own family?

If he is single never married, has no kids at all, does it mean his number of household is 1 even though he is now living with his dad?

Please help!!!

Thanks a lot.

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

hello,

im actually still in the process of doing the financial documents, I think all places allow co-sponsor unless they specifically state that they do not allow it (maybe some places do but i am not sure).

Hong Kong should be the same as most of the places. Please let me know about your case so I can better prepare my case.

Thanks a lot!~

household size in the terms of the affidavits of support is in respect to taxes. So if a person lives with their parents but is over 18 and is not included on their parents taxes any longer, then they do not share a household size. A person will always count a spouse and children, even if no support is given to that child, no matter where they live.

For your case in particular, if his dad claims your fiance on his taxes then his dad's household size is 2. But if he doesn't then his household is 1, just himself.

Make sure you are doing the I-134 for the interview. The I-864 will be for the adjustment of status.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.