tomtomtom

NVC instruction after online fee payment

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have paid the IV fee online with cover sheet and receipt. According to the online instruction, we should fill out the DS260 and send the civil documents with the bar code. However, my lawyer insist that we should wait for the instruction from NVC before sending out the document.

My question is: does NVC still send this instruction at all with the online fee payment, if so, how long it should take to receive it? Has anybody got it?

I understand that it takes 60 days before NVC review the case, anybody knows the 60 days means after they receive documents or receive DS260?

I need some information to change lawyer's opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

So I do not know anything about your type of visa, but I can tell you about my experience...

We did not get any additional instructions of any significance after each fee was paid. We initially received a Welcome Letter with a check list which was very important.

We sent the AOS/IV packet together as soon as we got the bar coded sheet for the AOS fee. Then we paid the IV fee and filled out the 260. The packet is reviewed independent of the IV fee and 260 meaning it will start on the review process as soon as they receive your packet. When we did it early this spring, it took less than 30 days to be reviewed. Of course, timelines change all the time.

Your lawyer is wrong. There is no instruction sheet. You should send the documents now. Include the checklist and a barcode cover sheet

you could of already sent the documents as you can see in my signature that is what i did

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

So I do not know anything about your type of visa, but I can tell you about my experience...

We did not get any additional instructions of any significance after each fee was paid. We initially received a Welcome Letter with a check list which was very important.

We sent the AOS/IV packet together as soon as we got the bar coded sheet for the AOS fee. Then we paid the IV fee and filled out the 260. The packet is reviewed independent of the IV fee and 260 meaning it will start on the review process as soon as they receive your packet. When we did it early this spring, it took less than 30 days to be reviewed. Of course, timelines change all the time.

so you get the checklist at the beginning? the first correspondence I see from NVC is that they have received my case and then the second one is that IV fee notice, all through emails. I did not get a checklist, but the instructions says to use the list on the website.

Your lawyer is wrong. There is no instruction sheet. You should send the documents now. Include the checklist and a barcode cover sheet

you could of already sent the documents as you can see in my signature that is what i did

Thanks J&ana

when did you get the checklist? The first correspondence I see from NVC is that they have received my case and then the second one is that IV fee notice, all through emails. I did not get a checklist, but the instructions says to use the list on the NVC website.

Yes...we got a welcome letter with a checklist of things to include in our AOS/.IV packet. I am not sure how it works for your visa.

so you get the checklist at the beginning? the first correspondence I see from NVC is that they have received my case and then the second one is that IV fee notice, all through emails. I did not get a checklist, but the instructions says to use the list on the website.

Yes...we got a welcome letter with a checklist of things to include in our AOS/.IV packet. I am not sure how it works for your visa.

thanks a lot! I did some research, it is something called instruction package for immigration visa applicant (or packet 3). So there is a thing like that, hopefully somebody with the experience can tell when did they get this?

Hello everyone! We are on our way to send our Aos/IV packet to the NVC. I would like to ask if, is it ok if only the Document Cover sheet (which they send to us included in the Welcome letter) will be included on top of our pocket? We are able to pay the AOS fee thru mail because of the system problem and they didn't send us any confirmation email but now we can log in to the ceac and it shows paid but we are trying to click on the payment receipt but it wont open. so i dont know how we can print that AOS barcoded sheet. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.