Kaylee_B

Husband's Expedited Appointment is in a week! Do I need to be there?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband and I have been working towards his CR-1 Visa for almost a year now. We got married on his B2 visa in the States and he returned to Mexicco in July 2014 and has been not allowed back in until he obtained his immigrant visa. We married in February of 2014. He stayed with me for a while from November 2013 until July 2014, with a few trips back and forth to Mexico in between while we were working on his case with the USCIS. When my husband tried to come back again in September 2014, he was denied entry at the port of LAX and they cancelled his visa and told him he couldn't come back until you had an immigrant visa. They also gave him an application of withdrawal for his admission, which I think will help us for his interview. But my question is now, do I need to be there for his interview in Cuidad Juarez? His appointment for the interview was rushed because of a medical condition that I have and they approved the expedite, but now we are anxiously awaiting his interview. It's in two weeks, & I have no idea if I should be there or if I shouldn't? Thoughts?

Timeline

It may help if you go, but it won't hurt his chances for approval if you don't go. Many people have not gone to their spouse's interview, and they got approved just fine :)

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

The interview is just for the immigrant. But some people like to go with their spouses. Until I know they are not allowed inside the consulate just in the waiting room.

My husband and I thought it was better to save some money, so for us it was better going by myself.

It was really fast and they just made some questions about our relationship, and I was approved.

Your husband never worked while in US with a tourist visa, right? That was one of the questions they made. It's kind of logic, but you're not suppose to do that.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

After your case was approved for expedite, how much time passed until the embassy contacted you for an interview (or your spouse, I should say)? Following this in case I have to leave with our children depending on the date my husband is given for an interview (we are all overseas & only he needs to immigrate).

Timeline

My husband and I have been working towards his CR-1 Visa for almost a year now. We got married on his B2 visa in the States and he returned to Mexicco in July 2014 and has been not allowed back in until he obtained his immigrant visa. We married in February of 2014. He stayed with me for a while from November 2013 until July 2014, with a few trips back and forth to Mexico in between while we were working on his case with the USCIS. When my husband tried to come back again in September 2014, he was denied entry at the port of LAX and they cancelled his visa and told him he couldn't come back until you had an immigrant visa. They also gave him an application of withdrawal for his admission, which I think will help us for his interview. But my question is now, do I need to be there for his interview in Cuidad Juarez? His appointment for the interview was rushed because of a medical condition that I have and they approved the expedite, but now we are anxiously awaiting his interview. It's in two weeks, & I have no idea if I should be there or if I shouldn't? Thoughts?

They say they don't let the petitioner in the for the interview, we have to stay back at the hotel... I'm going with my hubby for moral support (he can't do anything on his own). I hope he has good experience and you are able to share with us soon

Edited by Mrsgil

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

I went with my husband but that is because I was living in Mexico with him at the time. They did ask him if I was in Juarez with him but I don't think that really holds any power in their decision of whether or not to grant the visa.

Timeline

The interview is just for the immigrant. But some people like to go with their spouses. Until I know they are not allowed inside the consulate just in the waiting room.

My husband and I thought it was better to save some money, so for us it was better going by myself.

It was really fast and they just made some questions about our relationship, and I was approved.

Your husband never worked while in US with a tourist visa, right? That was one of the questions they made. It's kind of logic, but you're not suppose to do that.

Yep, he never worked. Never broke any laws, and never overstayed his time. they just canceled his tourist visa the last time he tried to come see me. And yeah, we decided that it might be best if I don't go and wait here and keep working to save money. I hope I don't regret that decision.

I went with my husband but that is because I was living in Mexico with him at the time. They did ask him if I was in Juarez with him but I don't think that really holds any power in their decision of whether or not to grant the visa.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I'm just gonna wait here. My husband and I talked about it and we decided it would better to save money and have me wait since I can't go into the room with hi. I hope it goes well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.