NICNICS

NVC letter for k1 visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Your probably in AP which is Additional checks on your petition. I was in AP as well. no worries they can not deny your application or send it back once it is approved by USCIS. that would be my guess. Keep trying to call. you have to be persistent on the dialing. hang up redial hang up redial etc.. Once you reach them you can get your case number and they will tell you that you are in AP. that would be the only reason why it (k1)stays at NVC so long. my application stayed there about 20 days and my counterparts here on VJ were out of there in 3-5 days. So I feel your frustration. You must be persistent in calling that is the only way to really understand what is going on. and without the case number you will not be able to track on the website. Once I checked on the 20th day it went from at NVC to in Transit to Ready all in a matter of hours so it went pretty quick after that. Hopefully you can use this wait time to get some of your documents together. USC needs tax transcripts letters from employer W2 ,paystubs and the Affidavit of Support filled out and signed and sent to beneficiary this can not be a copy of that document I134, so there are things you can do while you wait make sure the beneficiary has the passport, police certificate the correct birth certificate etc. these documents have cause extra delay for me so I am happy I started gathering them before my papers were sent to the embassy. Sorry for your wait but it will be over soon.

They aren't in AP since NVC hasn't received their petition yet.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They aren't in AP since NVC hasn't received their petition yet.

Excuse me. I understand I made an assumption however you are making an assumption as well. They do not know if NVC has received their petition or not as they have not been able to reach them to find out. I am going on experience as the same thing happened to me. Once I did reach NVC my petition had been there for 20 days in AP and they were able to give me my case number OVER THE PHONE. OP did not say that the petition wasn't at NVC. She said that she has not been able to confirm or reach NVC to find out. I never received a letter or anything stating the petition was at NVC EVER! The only letter I received was my approval letter from USCIS and my fiancé received Packet 3 from the embassy and nothing in between. I am assuming that since they have not received any notification from the embassy that their documents are at NVC and if their documents are there longer than 3-5 days and they are K1, they are more than likely in AP as I stated. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh wow! Where does it say when it will arrive? I checked the CEAC site and it said "In Transit". Our NOA2 was 6-10-15, and I thought giving it 30 days was best, but we haven't received a thing. I would love to be able to set a wedding date.

If CEAC says "In Transit" it could take from a couple of hours to a few days to get to the embassy. Have you checked the DHL site to see if any packages have left for your country? it normally only takes a few days if that. My status changed from AT NVC to In Transit to Ready in a matter of a few hours:) hence my timeline for these things are the same date! :) good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.