Honey&Bunny

Translated documents at the VAC?

14 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I am wondering a few things about the VAC.

1- Do the civil documents have to be original, and translated to English?

2- Does it have to be done before the medical?

Also, my husband has a copy of the confirmation page of the IV bill being paid, Can he bring that page?

Hi. If you're referring to the vac appointment he just hast to bring appointment confirmation page, ds260 or ds160 confirmation page, cedula,passport, and I think you're all set. Maybe someone can chime in on this comment if im forgetting something.

Hi. If you're referring to the vac appointment he just hast to bring appointment confirmation page, ds260 or ds160 confirmation page, cedula,passport, and I think you're all set. Maybe someone can chime in on this comment if im forgetting something.

Thank you.. For some reason, I was thinking that he would to have to bring Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, and so on. We are waiting to see if our case is FINALLY completed by NVC. Now let me ask you something, when your case was completed, did it say READY on the ceac website? I have had the WORST EXPERIENCE with NVC. I got 7 checklists for my affidavit of support (believe me, not mistakes made by me) and finally, I got a message that said that all the nessesary documents have been received, and that as soon as an interview date has been scheduled, we will be notified. DOES THAT MEAN CASE COMPLETED? I thought it did, but I am not sure now because when I check the ceac website, stills says AT NVC.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Good morning!..

I know how crazy NVC can be, but have you tried tracking the 3 n/a's on the ceac website? Link is below.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Also,

About translating documents, you do not have to translate any documents,& i was told this straight from a rep over at NVC. I sent in all my documents as is and got a speedy case complete. At the point of interview, the lady who interviewed us had no problem reading all the documents in Spanish.

Lastly,

For the date of VAC appointment, he will only need the following:

Passport

DS260 Conformation Page

Cedula

Interview Letter (Package 4)

4 Passport style pictures

Money

Hope this helped :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Dominican Republic

Marriage (if applicable): 12/27/2013

I-130 Sent : 2014-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-09

I-130 Approved : 2014-11-07

NVC Received : 2014-12-30

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-01-16

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-01-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2015-01-16

Send AOS Package : 2015-03-19

Submit DS-261 : 2015-01-16

Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Sent AOS/IV Package: 2015-03-19

Checklist: 2015-04-15

New Scan Date: 2015-04-17

CC: 2015-05-11

Interview: 2015-06-25

Good morning!..

I know how crazy NVC can be, but have you tried tracking the 3 n/a's on the ceac website? Link is below.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Also,

About translating documents, you do not have to translate any documents,& i was told this straight from a rep over at NVC. I sent in all my documents as is and got a speedy case complete. At the point of interview, the lady who interviewed us had no problem reading all the documents in Spanish.

Lastly,

For the date of VAC appointment, he will only need the following:

Passport

DS260 Conformation Page

Cedula

Interview Letter (Package 4)

4 Passport style pictures

Money

Hope this helped :)

Thanks for your input, it is highly appreciated. Now, money? Why will he need to bring money? I paid for all of the forms already. AOS bill, and the IV bill, are already paid.. Please get back at me as soon as you get a chance, thanks ☺️

Timeline

Thanks for your input, it is highly appreciated. Now, money? Why will he need to bring money? I paid for all of the forms already. AOS bill, and the IV bill, are already paid.. Please get back at me as soon as you get a chance, thanks ☺️

The money is in reference to the vaccination shots he will get or need at the point of his medical exam. Each vaccination has a price and are required by U.S laws. It is recommendable to bring your vaccination history records in order to get the necessary vaccination required by U.S laws if he does not have them.

Thank you.. For some reason, I was thinking that he would to have to bring Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, and so on. We are waiting to see if our case is FINALLY completed by NVC. Now let me ask you something, when your case was completed, did it say READY on the ceac website? I have had the WORST EXPERIENCE with NVC. I got 7 checklists for my affidavit of support (believe me, not mistakes made by me) and finally, I got a message that said that all the nessesary documents have been received, and that as soon as an interview date has been scheduled, we will be notified. DOES THAT MEAN CASE COMPLETED? I thought it did, but I am not sure now because when I check the ceac website, stills says AT NVC.

hi. When i got case complete i found out through an email with the interview appointment. And in my husbands case he did not have to bring pictures to the vac appntmt nor money.

Timeline

hi. When i got case complete i found out through an email with the interview appointment. And in my husbands case he did not have to bring pictures to the vac appntmt nor money.

What about the vaccination shots, he didn't get vaccinations the day of his medical?

Great! This is good to know. Now, I am hoping that it is completed. I can't deal with nightmare anymore. F&$@ING NVC got me on Xanax. I was afraid to open any of my emails, just thinking that I was going to keep getting checklists for no reason. IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING NOT TO BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT THEY ARE WRONG, THAT THEY ARE NOT PROCESSING THE RIGHT INFORMATION, EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE PROOF.

What about the vaccination shots, he didn't get vaccinations the day of his medical?

yes he got vaccinated but the op asked about the vac not the medical.

~~moved to Caribbean regional forum as VAC is regionally specific, from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

He can do medical in the morning and vca in the afternoon.

Hello guys, I am wondering a few things about the VAC.

1- Do the civil documents have to be original, and translated to English?

2- Does it have to be done before the medical?

Also, my husband has a copy of the confirmation page of the IV bill being paid, Can he bring that page?

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask you one more question? Do they keep documents at the vac or do they give them back to you? I made the appointment for my husband and step-daughter to go there, and they are planning on going to medical the next day, but I was wondering if they have to have multiple copies of the documents..

Hi Honey&Bunny,

According to what I've read and had family experienced, they DO NOT keep any original documents at VAC. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. However, as a good habit, you/SO always have copies of official/original documents available. One never knows when they come handy. Its just a way to keep your head and documents organized. Just my own opinion.

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.