Just arrived the states and need help!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can go back to ssa office the next business day,

and either:

1. they give you the number (not the card) or

2. you learn of new problems.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Thanks pals, I went to the social security office and filed for a social security number. I guess I cannot go to the dmv until I get a social security number cuz they require it to give me an identification card and process my drivers license hug? I just home all day searching for jobs online and I I hear jobs require the SSN to offer employment. I am confused, please help me!

For MOST employers of repute, your proof of Resident Permit in your passport as well as your proof of applying for SSN should be sufficient to go through the preemployment process.

The actual SSN card comes rather quickly.

Enjoy your stay at home and put it to good use. Once you start working it's a roller coaster :no:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I went to the social security office and I filed for SSN. I wasn't given any proof of filing for an SSN. The officer told me it will take 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail.

So what do you advice me to do?

Timeline

you can go back to ssa office the next business day,
and either:
1. they give you the number (not the card) or
2. you learn of new problems.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The social security officer asked me if checked the box for SSN in my ds260 application. I told him I can't remember. He said he's gonna wait till 8th of July to see if my SSN will arrive but if it doesn't arrive it means I didn't check the SSN box in my ds260 application. He said if it doesn't arrive, he will file a new application for an SSN for me and he will send me the receipt in the mail.

Timeline

so, you went in, he attempted a SAVE database lookup, and could not find you.

USUALLY, SAVE records are viewable (on a CR-1/IR-1 visa holder) 2 to 3 weeks after a Port of entry event. I think you went in too soon. Oh well.

Timeline

. Is there anyone who has gone through this or with an experience about this process? I need help on what to do next.

There's other sections in the web portal here, covering SSN chasing and ELIS status. Please make some time to read them, when next you are free. Best done on a PC.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.