Hardin

i need advice

19 posts in this topic

I started a new topic here, (I thought) but I don't see it? I have a deadline at work, so I need to know, please? How do I get started on my Filipina's visa? Do I have to go to the Bureau of Immigration? Do I have to pay in any certain way (ie, Postal Money order)? Are there other documents that need to be sent with the visa app? Is there a list of the beginning requirements someplace here? thanks. I apologize in advance, I have depression and memory issues, from tinittus, I'm a disabled vet and have to take Ambien to get any sleep at all.

Follow this guide and you will be set: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You gather all the required documents, and send it off by yourself. No need to go anywhere. Also $340 visa fee that can be paid with a check! All the information is in the guide.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

I started a new topic here, (I thought) but I don't see it? I have a deadline at work, so I need to know, please? How do I get started on my Filipina's visa? Do I have to go to the Bureau of Immigration? Do I have to pay in any certain way (ie, Postal Money order)? Are there other documents that need to be sent with the visa app? Is there a list of the beginning requirements someplace here? thanks. I apologize in advance, I have depression and memory issues, from tinittus, I'm a disabled vet and have to take Ambien to get any sleep at all.

Have you visited your fiancée in person yet? You must meet in person within the last 2 years before you can file for her.

You will file an I-129F petition for your fiancée. Take a look at the K-1 guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide This will give you an overview of what you need to include with your petition.

Here are the links to the USCIS forms you will need:

I-129F petition http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

G-325A form http://www.uscis.gov/g-325a

I suggest taking a look at the K-1 guide, and also reading through the I-129F instructions.

In addition, you can check out some example forms here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you so much! yes, I met my gal in the Phills back in Feb of 2015 and we lived together for 2 months. we have pics, loads of emails and google hangouts, lease with both our names on it, a few MoneyGram receipts for $ that I have sent her since my return to the US in April. yes, I know that it is early days, But I've met her family extensively, played with all the kids (she has one, a 5 year old daughter who won't be coming with her for a year). The little one needs training in English before leaving everything she knows and we need time to get set up for life here before involving our daughter in all the hulabaloo. She's lived with her Grandma all her life, basically, while my girl worked 100k and a long ferry ride distant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my word! no wonder people pay other people to handle this stuff! :-) Ok,now I know where to start and how much hassle it's going to be. That's more than I knew a minute ago. :-) I'll have to read all this "how and why" info and then get started.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.