Heimef

Report of Marriage

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi VJ friends, I'm new here and am hoping that someone can answer my queries. My husband sponsored me an IR1 visa been 3 years of waiting. I got an interview letter that requires me a Marriage Certificate from NSO. The thing is, we got married in Sri Lanka in 2012.

Questions:

1. How can I get Marriage Certificate in NSO while our marriage is in another country?

2. I've researched about the Report of Marriage in DFA, is it the first step that our marriage will be in NSO list?

3. I also have problem in CFO because they also need Marriage Certificate from NSO.

Help! Thanks....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Moving from Introductions to Philippines forum as country specific *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hi VJ friends, I'm new here and am hoping that someone can answer my queries. My husband sponsored me an IR1 visa been 3 years of waiting. I got an interview letter that requires me a Marriage Certificate from NSO. The thing is, we got married in Sri Lanka in 2012.

Questions:

1. How can I get Marriage Certificate in NSO while our marriage is in another country?

2. I've researched about the Report of Marriage in DFA, is it the first step that our marriage will be in NSO list?

3. I also have problem in CFO because they also need Marriage Certificate from NSO.

Help! Thanks....

Hi! I am assuming you are currently here in PH. :D

1. You can go to DFA consular affairs and report your marriage there. Link to requirements:

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/requirements-for-delayed-registration-of-report-of-marriage

It took me 2 months for this process. Some say 2-4 months.

2. Yes, you need to report it at the DFA what they do is:

a. they get the requirements

b. forward it to the PH consulate that has the jurisdiction over your marriage in Sri Lanka

c. they will record it then forward it back to DFA manila, then they forward it to NSO

d. then DFA will give you a control number (you can call them up, when I was there they told me to "go back" to "check" if it's already there, but that would be a waste of your money and time if it's not yet available so just call them.)

e. you will have to go to the main branch of NSO and just give them the control number.

f. When you go to the main NSO branch, you don't fall in line at the big open payment area, you have to go to that nice building hidden at the back. Just ask the guards first. g. After 3 weeks or depends on the date they give you, you can go back to NSO and receive your NSO marriage certificate :)

3. I did get the NSO first before going to a CFO seminar.. but I believe someone was able to show just her marriage certificate abroad.. but it's better to play it safe and that is if you already inquired at CFO and they told you this.

I hope this helps :)

Goodluck!

PS

Follow the requirements, I called DFA consular affairs Manila up and asked if my husband's signature was needed, someone from DFA said no need as long as one spouse appears personally. Lo and behold, a month in on waiting for the process to finish they told me, New York PH consulate needs your husband's signature too. Good thing he was visiting me so we were able to have him sign it. Complete all the requirements to avoid delays as if it's incomplete, it resets the processing time.

Edited by curiousgeorgina

CR1

• Consulate : Manila, Philippines
  • Marriage: 2014-10-01
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-10-16
  • I-130 NOA1 (Email) : 2014-10-22
  • I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 2014-10-26
  • I-130 NOA2 (Email) : 2014-11-26
  • I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 2014-12-03
  • NVC Case Received : 2014-12-10
  • Case Number Received : 2015-01-15
  • Submitted DS-261 : 2015-01-20
  • NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 2015-02-25
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2015-03-30
  • Interview Scheduled: 2015-04-18
  • Interview Date: 2015-05-27
  • Interview Result: Approved
  • Visa Received: 2015-06-05
  • POE: 2015-07-03 (JFK)
  • Received Greencard: 2015-08-15
  • Returned Greencard: 2015-08-23
  • Recieved Corrected Greencard: 2015-11-16 (JFK)

ROC

• Sent I-751 Packet: 2017-05-19
  • VSC Received: 2017-05-22
  • Check Cashed: 2017-05-26
  • NOA1 Received2017-05-30
  • Biometrics Letter Received2017-06-16
  • Biometrics Appointment2017-06-27
  • Interview: 2018-11-20
  • Approval Letter: 2018-11-26
  • Received Greencard2018-11-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.