lala64

NVC... hurry up and wait.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

called NVC again( stalker) they are saying the same thing " can go out in 2-4 weeks but this time she gave me an invoice number to pay the visa fees... is that weird. Why give me an invoice number and the packet has not left NVC. can I pay the D160 fee now?

Timeline

called NVC again( stalker) they are saying the same thing " can go out in 2-4 weeks but this time she gave me an invoice number to pay the visa fees... is that weird. Why give me an invoice number and the packet has not left NVC. can I pay the D160 fee now?

See if it will let you submit DS160..... You pay after submitted

Timeline

See if it will let you submit DS160..... You pay after submitted

Is there a timeframe that needs to be taken into consideration after you fill out the DS160?

Timeline

Is there a timeframe that needs to be taken into consideration after you fill out the DS160?

Just called still in processing. NVC said it could be held up because I have 2 children listed on the petition as well which calls for extra work on the petition. Go figure. In any case she said to call in 2 weeks if I have not received a letter by then. Also that I can not fill out the DS160 or pay with the invoice number until it reaches the embassy or it will be rejected. OK 2 more weeks it is. We are still waiting on his passport and police cert so maybe they will fall like dominoes once everything gets processed and ready. at least that is what I am hoping and maybe some of the backlog will be cleared up>

Timeline

Just called still in processing. NVC said it could be held up because I have 2 children listed on the petition as well which calls for extra work on the petition. Go figure. In any case she said to call in 2 weeks if I have not received a letter by then. Also that I can not fill out the DS160 or pay with the invoice number until it reaches the embassy or it will be rejected. OK 2 more weeks it is. We are still waiting on his passport and police cert so maybe they will fall like dominoes once everything gets processed and ready. at least that is what I am hoping and maybe some of the backlog will be cleared up>

Oh okay... I thought he only had the one son. I guess that could take some extra time. :-(

They say 2-4 weeks from NVC to Embassy. Mine was 26 days, and it was just him on it. Everything will fall into place, he can't do anything without his passport anyway! Hopefully by then it will cleared up...

It's all a waiting game, for everything it seems like

Oh okay... I thought he only had the one son. I guess that could take some extra time. :-(

They say 2-4 weeks from NVC to Embassy. Mine was 26 days, and it was just him on it. Everything will fall into place, he can't do anything without his passport anyway! Hopefully by then it will cleared up...

At least you are getting through to NVC, I never not one time got to talk to anyone

Timeline

At least you are getting through to NVC, I never not one time got to talk to anyone

Yes I added his little girl to come later but after reading she has to come in a year we may have to do K3 for her later. Shes only 2 but his son will accompany him. he is 8...Yea I get through every time I call takes some speed dialing but I do. lol. Ok and 26 days so I am just at 14 so not panicking... YET lol

Timeline

Yes I added his little girl to come later but after reading she has to come in a year we may have to do K3 for her later. Shes only 2 but his son will accompany him. he is 8...Yea I get through every time I call takes some speed dialing but I do. lol. Ok and 26 days so I am just at 14 so not panicking... YET lol

LOL!!!!!!! No panicking...... You still have about 2 weeks.... Just hard playing the waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, I'm also confused. The NVC Rep also gave me an invoice number but she really wasn't able to explain what it's for. I know that the case number (the one that starts with 3 letters. In my case - MNL) is for ceac tracking. But what about invoice?

Timeline

Sorry, I'm also confused. The NVC Rep also gave me an invoice number but she really wasn't able to explain what it's for. I know that the case number (the one that starts with 3 letters. In my case - MNL) is for ceac tracking. But what about invoice?

Its for when you get ready to pay your Visa fees.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.