Majuma20

Cspa how long does nvc takes to review?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your CSPA age is 20 years 10 months 2 days. You are extremely close to be 21. I am not sure where you are stuck at nvc stage but it is worrying situation. Depending on CSPA review it would take 60 days to complete and then may be another 2 months to get paperwork done. I highly recommended to contact nvc.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Sorry for earlier scare. I read carefully and as my understanding of cspa is that they check age on day visa become current. If child is under 21 his age freeze up. Means from that point on he has 1 year to complete his immigration process. Your child should be ok as per my understanding but lets see what other has to say.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry for earlier scare. I read carefully and as my understanding of cspa is that they check age on day visa become current. If child is under 21 his age freeze up. Means from that point on he has 1 year to complete his immigration process. Your child should be ok as per my understanding but lets see what other has to say.

Oh we are alredy current on the last visa bulletin so the age will freeze now? I calculated the same age as you when it became current, i hope it freezes as you said. Does the year start counting from the day it becomes current? Thank you so much for your help

Timeline

I believe from 1st of July your date freeze. Unfortunately nothing is written anywhere on web or other sites about CSPA. Even Lawyers will not tell you much because they charge extra fees for CSPA cases. Attorneys can not do anything about cases anyway because they will tell you that you are protected or not by using calculator. Please inform forum as much when your case progresses so that other people get idea about this ordeal.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What is this CSPA? My son was 19 jan. 2014 when i filed and since april 28 2015 he has turned 21. All paper work done iv package in review they said 60 days from april15 we have not heard anything. Any suggestions

I believe from 1st of July your date freeze. Unfortunately nothing is written anywhere on web or other sites about CSPA. Even Lawyers will not tell you much because they charge extra fees for CSPA cases. Attorneys can not do anything about cases anyway because they will tell you that you are protected or not by using calculator. Please inform forum as much when your case progresses so that other people get idea about this ordeal.

Well i guess i will just wait till they finish to review my case if cspa aplies in it and yes ill inform here when i know how it goes

What is this CSPA? My son was 19 jan. 2014 when i filed and since april 28 2015 he has turned 21. All paper work done iv package in review they said 60 days from april15 we have not heard anything. Any suggestions

Read this http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa i am waiting the 60 days too and my lawyer told us to wait till PD is current thats when they decide if we areprotected by cspa. I suggest you to call NVC and ask how is it goin.

Timeline

What his date of birth, priority date, approval date. Is te f2a category?.

Timeline

Sorry he will age out. It took 70 days for case approved, so you only get extra 70 days. He will be f2b. Uscis vermont took 1 yr 4 months to approve on our case so that we get extra year n half. A delay approval benefitted us greatly. Not much lawyer can do in case of age out.

Sorry he will age out. It took 70 days for case approved, so you only get extra 70 days. He will be f2b. Uscis vermont took 1 yr 4 months to approve on our case so that we get extra year n half. A delay approval benefitted us greatly. Not much lawyer can do in case of age out.

That is good and how long did they take to review case for cspa?

Timeline

That is good and how long did they take to review case for cspa?

Its under review since April end. My priority date is not current so they cant process CSPA. I am hoping to get priority date next month and then find out. I am assuming a August.

Its under review since April end. My priority date is not current so they cant process CSPA. I am hoping to get priority date next month and then find out. I am assuming a August.

They are reviewing mine since april too i think, and i am current now. do you think they will tell me their decision soon?

Timeline

They are reviewing mine since april too i think, and i am current now. do you think they will tell me their decision soon?

I called nvc and by next week they going to send me correspondence. Better to call them often. You should ask them for result of cspa review.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.