3 posts in this topic

ok so i have been here before about my evidence for my interview which right now sucks i have a joint credit card , photos with hubby & his family, phone contracts for both of us under my husbands name and paid for by him , letters from friends and family and me being listed as his emergency contact at work thats about it really i got my APPROVED EAD today. So we plan to go add me to his bank account on Thursday coming so its a joint one and to the savings account since i have a job ready just needed the EAD and i will have money to put away since we will start saving for our own house in the city as we currently live with my father in law just us 3. Im just super worried that the interview will come soon and i will only have that evidence as we dont have much and i heard u cant use joint accounts if they were just done has to be adleast 4 months + worth. Anyone got any ideas or anything neither of us drive we live in a bought house owned by father in law so cant do the joint bill thingy as we just give it to him and he pays it all that i just dont want to get denied due to lack of evidence because i love my husband a heck of alot and i came on the VWP and overstayed so if i am denied its a 3-10 year ban for me would be horrible i just want to get it right you know.

From reading around on here and elsewhere, it seems that USCIS can issue an RFE at the interview for further evidence if required. I'm in a similar position to yourself in terms of not having a massive amount of evidence, but we're doing what we can.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress about it too much otherwise you will put a lot of strain on yourself.

11/07/2017 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

11/13/2017 - I-751 delivered to CSC

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

11/17/2017 - Received NOA Letter

11/17/2017 - Date of Biometrics Letter

11/24/2017 - Biometrics Letter received

12/08/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Date

08/16/2018 - 18 month extension letter received (dated 08/11/2018)

02/12/2019 - New Card is being Produced

02/22/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

ok so i have been here before about my evidence for my interview which right now sucks i have a joint credit card , photos with hubby & his family, phone contracts for both of us under my husbands name and paid for by him , letters from friends and family and me being listed as his emergency contact at work thats about it really i got my APPROVED EAD today. So we plan to go add me to his bank account on Thursday coming so its a joint one and to the savings account since i have a job ready just needed the EAD and i will have money to put away since we will start saving for our own house in the city as we currently live with my father in law just us 3. Im just super worried that the interview will come soon and i will only have that evidence as we dont have much and i heard u cant use joint accounts if they were just done has to be adleast 4 months + worth. Anyone got any ideas or anything neither of us drive we live in a bought house owned by father in law so cant do the joint bill thingy as we just give it to him and he pays it all that i just dont want to get denied due to lack of evidence because i love my husband a heck of alot and i came on the VWP and overstayed so if i am denied its a 3-10 year ban for me would be horrible i just want to get it right you know.

Actually this evidence is quite good for the AOS stage. Joint credit card, bank account and utility bills are good evidence. Did your husband add you to his health insurance plan at work yet? That's another good one. USCIS understands that newly married couples won't have a ton of co-mingled finances yet and are more focused on the fact that you can prove a genuine relationship at this stage. Make sure to have pics of any vacations or time spent together as a couple before marriage a long with wedding pics and cards from both families. The more solid proof of co-mingled finances such as tax returns will be required for the removal of conditions phase in two years, so keep that in mind.

Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.