asael1987

Finally got my NVC fee bill and now Attorney has a question for me which I'd like input on.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all the short story of my case, in 2010 I got a DWI, back in the mid 1990s my parents took me to the states at around age 7. As a result of the DWI and 4 years of immigration courts I ended up with a Voluntary Departure on May 28th to Mexico. So me and my wife had to move our wedding up 3 months in order to get married before we left the states.

Anyways after almost 8 months of our paperwork being in between USCIS and NVC we finally got the NVC Fee bill and so my attorney wants to know if we

A) want to prepare the waiver right now and have it ready for the day of the interview if i get denied (which from my forum searches it is most likely i will with my dwi :( )
B) wait till i get denied and the file it?

sorry this is the exact words that I got from my attorney.

""wait till your husband be call for interview and officer let him know about the waiver or do you want we prepare your I-601 Waiver at the same time and have waiver ready after the interview and mail it as soon as possible to Immigration Service Center to avoid delay in your case? """

Met____________:2011-01-10

Started Dating___:2011-02-14 [valentines day i know lol]

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage _______: 2014-04-05

I-130 Sent ______: 2014-04-28

I-130 NOA1 _____: 2014-05-26

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : _2014-09-28

=============

NVC Received :

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

I know I forgot to write in the other dates, but we got emails and didn't know which went where...

Interview date: 2015-12-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

No harm in preparing a waiver to mail to Neb after interview

if one is not needed then that would be OK too I would opt to

have ot ready the atty is on the ball

Ok I was asking because he made me the question, I figured it be in my best interest to have one ready regardless, my wife has been working on it already but there is no need to "rush" it right? as it wont be needed until the day of the interview in case I get denied right?

Met____________:2011-01-10

Started Dating___:2011-02-14 [valentines day i know lol]

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage _______: 2014-04-05

I-130 Sent ______: 2014-04-28

I-130 NOA1 _____: 2014-05-26

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : _2014-09-28

=============

NVC Received :

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

I know I forgot to write in the other dates, but we got emails and didn't know which went where...

Interview date: 2015-12-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.