Abenet

I-130 Petition Upgrade to US Citizen....

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear VJers

I filed 1-130 Petition in Oct 2014 and later become a USC in May 2015.

I called USCIS on the date I become USC and requested for an upgrade of my Petition to USC.

I also had an Infopass and went to Phoenix USCIS field office and submitted request letter to upgrade (with copy of NA1 and Naturalization Certificate).

On March 10 2015 My case was transferred from California Service Center to Phoenix office as USCIS wanted to interview me for the petition I filled.

Yesterday, I got an email from Phoenix USCIS office saying that my upgrade request can not be accommodated as USCIS is in the process of scheduling an Interview for me in near future.

I am now confused. Wasn't USCIS supposed to upgrade my petition first even though I will be scheduled for Interview?

USCIS has the right to interview me before approving the petition. I am not worried about the interview.

But, What I wanted was USCIS to upgrade my petition as I am a USC. Am I not right?

Please advise

Thanks

What do you want advice on? They said they cannot upgrade it until they interview you. Most petitioners do not have an interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Because according to them you need an interview first.... which is odd since most I-130s do not need an interview. But I do know Phoenix is a local office that does them. Your only option here is to contact a congressman or senator to find out what's going on IMHO.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Because according to them you need an interview first.... which is odd since most I-130s do not need an interview. But I do know Phoenix is a local office that does them. Your only option here is to contact a congressman or senator to find out what's going on IMHO.

Will do, thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.