Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Divorce certificate required?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

For someone filling an I-130 for a sibling, are divorce certificates required in all cases, or are divorcees considered single in the same way that unmarried people are?

Case 1

Sibling (from Pakistan) is divorced, and has custody of the children. Will a divorce certificate be required for the I-130 process, even if she does not remarry?

Also, since the person is no longer married, can a parent file an F2 (unmarried child of PR petition)?

Case 2 (also Pakistan). Sibling was divorced and remarried (to a divorcee as well). If their marriage certificate says both were divorced, will divorce records for both of them still be required?

Edited by pm5k

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.