kabass

CHECKLIST COVER...HELP US!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I need help understanding the checklist I received last night...
I called nvc again and again and I could not reach a representative last night. So sad that I need to wait until next monday... :cry:

I submit all the documents they say i need to submit, such as I-864AOS, financial evidences...
(I sent financial documents and supporting documents all together in one envelope, so they both should be received...)
My husband is currently a student so his mother is my financial supporter, and she filed all the financial documents.

This is what i received...

Does this mean I need to send all the documents again...??? That is depressing....

Thank you

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions and send us the required information. If you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview. If you have any questions about this letter, please send us an email at asknvc@state.gov or call us at (603) 334-0700 between 7:00am and 12 midnight U.S. Eastern Time. When you send us your response, include a copy of this letter. Also, clearly write your case number TKY===== on the upper right-hand corner of every document you send. After you email or mail the requested information, allow us 45 days to review your response. When we complete our review, we will send you information about the next processing step. If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by email, telephone, or mail), all submitted fees and documents will expire. If this happens, you will need to resubmit the fees and documents to continue the immigration process.
Case Number:

Beneficiary's Name:

Preference Category: CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN

Priority Date: 04AUG2014

National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________
You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and/or supporting documents to the NVC. Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and mail to the address given below. Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa. Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated below. Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the same package must include the cover sheet for that case. National Visa Center ATTN: DR 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914
Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing). Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the e-mail message. Follow the directions on http://nvc.state.gov/to correctly scan and submit forms and documents

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: E ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s). On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an "X" by each item you need to correct. You must send additional financial supporting documents or complete and submit a new form with the corrections noted on the attached checklist, or both. You will need to go to the Department of State's website at http://nvc.state.gov/aosand follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support form(s). From there, you can fill out a new form online, then print and send it to the NVC. Please read all instructions and send the necessary forms and supporting documents to the NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support form for each case regardless of your income level. Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents to the NVC, please make sure that the documents are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in the I-864 Important Notice instructions. When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being~~

Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence Checklist)
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing instructions.
[x] I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] Please complete and submit Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support). You can download the form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[x] You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x] Proof of current employment (examples: a recently dated job letter, pay stub, or a copy of your business license). [
x] A written statement indicating why you did not file ______2014_____________________ Federal income tax returns.
[x] _________2014__________________ IRS tax schedules. [
x] _________2014______________________ Federal income tax returns, IRS printout, or Letter 1722 issued by the IRS.
[x] _________2014______________________ W-2 forms(s) or IRS Tax Transcript(s).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You said you were using a co sponsor correct did both your petitioner (spouse) and the co sponsor each do a i864 ? Did you submit 2014 taxes with them ? As well as evidence of their income ?

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

Thank you for the quick response. :star:
My spouse actually didnt submit his I864...
They require my husband's... seems like... :cry2:

But my husband is student and he has not been working since 2013...
Does he still need to file the financial documents?

Edited by kabass

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you for the quick response. :star:

My spouse actually didnt submit his I864...

They require my husband's... seems like... :cry2:

But my husband is student and he has not been working since 2013...

Does he still need to file the financial documents?

yes so it is a real checklist the sponsor always has to fill out a i864 no matter what, and if he is unemployed and not filed taxes he will put 0.00 for current annual income and 0.00 for whatever years he didn't work but if he's worked say 2012 year then put what it says on his taxes, since he is unemployed I'm assuming he won't submit any evidence because he does not work but he should write and sign/date a letter explaining why he did not file taxes for blah blah year such as he was a student and unemployed and send it in with his i864 .

Timeline

Thank you very much!! That helped us a lot!! Now I know what to do next!
I was quite depressed since i recieved the check list, but i kinda see the goal of our visa process :luv:
Thanks again!! :goofy:

yes so it is a real checklist the sponsor always has to fill out a i864 no matter what, and if he is unemployed and not filed taxes he will put 0.00 for current annual income and 0.00 for whatever years he didn't work but if he's worked say 2012 year then put what it says on his taxes, since he is unemployed I'm assuming he won't submit any evidence because he does not work but he should write and sign/date a letter explaining why he did not file taxes for blah blah year such as he was a student and unemployed and send it in with his i864 .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.