oh yeah!

Visa issuance

4 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

We had our interview last May 21,2015.During the consul interview, the consul asked me for my sister's birth certificate, I said that I already sent it to the NVC(he looked a bit shock).Then he look again at the files he found my sister's birth certificate photocopied(the hell NVC). He said Its not a big deal I just need to bring a NSO birth certificate and he will approved it.So we went to NSO to get a copy of my sister's birth certificate and they will be the one to delivered it to the embassy but they delivered it just last friday (May 29, 2015). Today I check the status in ceac its still in AP last updated June 2, 2015 the I check the ustraveldocs There is no status update available for the passport number submitted but yesterday its still in the embassy. How long do you think the visa get issued?thanks...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm surprised you didn't bring the original because there's an instruction for that. 221g lasts from weeks to months, but I guess your sister isn't a big issue so maybe in a week or couple of weeks. Just keep checking ustraveldocs. (btw, my son's visa was delivered almost 2 weeks after his interview yet his case was not on AP)

Edited by aurpol

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My guess is the embassy has a large number of 221g to go through so it's taking them forever. We just needed to submit an updated NBI, which we sent a few days after our interview. It has been 37 days since the embassy received our document and we're still in AP. Our CEAC status date was last updated on Apr 30 (day after they received the NBI), so they haven't even touched our case since then. I've cancelled our flight and wedding plans for now as it looks like we might be waiting a while...

We had the same thing. Ustraveldocs used to say the passport is at the embassy, after about a week it changed to There is no status update available for the passport number submitted. I think it's normal to say that after the case has been idle for a while.

Edited by xwind
12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.