SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am sorry guys but the issue is related to the fact that the embassy is only providing visitor visa interviews and not immigrant ones unless the immigrant is not a Jordanian Citizen. I don't think that the other countries are an issue. The timeframe for an immigrant visa interview is 60 days ever since the Syrian situation started at the embassy in Amman Jordan. The embassy was not ditching immigrant visas for Jordanians until March of this year. You may open a petition at the white house web site for the white house to respond if enough signatures are collected. The petition can simply have the subject of stranded US citizen spouses in Jordan.

That is grand idea jo, but it takes 100,000 signatures in order to get a response from the White House, how do we do that?

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Timeline

That is grand idea jo, but it takes 100,000 signatures in order to get a response from the White House, how do we do that?

I am calling the Jordanian embassy here and see what can be done. I understand refugees seeking asylum, however, what about us! We paid and have waited over a year or longer now. Will update after I speak to them and my lawyer.

Timeline

I am calling the Jordanian embassy here and see what can be done. I understand refugees seeking asylum, however, what about us! We paid and have waited over a year or longer now. Will update after I speak to them and my lawyer.

Please ask the simple question, why don't you grant our spouses "VISIT VISA" we will guarantee their return to Amman when the appointment is scheduled

Timeline

If our spouses make it here in 10 years that would be a miracle.

which means: 10 Police Certificates & 10 Adam Mahkomeiah "excuse the spelling" :rofl:

Edited by SamWiSam

Timeline

Whoever caused this huge hold on scheduling CR1/IR1 immigrant visa interviews at US Embassy in Amman, Jordan should be held accountable whether its system problems, NVC problems or Embassy problems. If system problems are causing the delay then they should come up clean about it like the visa printing issue that occurred in June 2015. If its NVC problem then they should communicate it well with applicants over the phone or in emails. If its embassy/Counselor/Ambassador problems then they should pay more attention to this highest priority immigrant visa category and hire more staff to process them. I noticed that since the new Ambassador took office earlier this year maybe in march they stopped scheduling immigrant visa interviews for CR1/IR1 applicants. She is acting like she is on vacation in Jordan 24/7 and being super concerned about whats going on in Jordan and in the surrounding tough neighborhood countries more that being concerned about US citizens and their spouses affairs that they pay her huge salary. Also, the counselor in Jordan is very active on twitter super proud of giving visas left and right to visitors and students and totally ignoring US citizen spouses and saying its normal to wait 2-4 months for CR1 immigrant visa interview and blaming it on NVC and claiming that they have not suspend scheduling CR1 immigrant visa interview. Guess what, somebody is not saying the truth and not doing his/her well paid JOB.

Timeline

Just tweeted the great consuls of Jordan.and left a message for Lillian jabar at Jordan embassy in Washington. We been at this for 17 months now. I think longer than some of you.And I'm waiting to speak with a supervisor at NVC

Timeline

Can you all please list your priority date, according to the local offices in Jordan when making an interview they will look at both the CC date and Priority date. just to be in the picture and to know what to expect:

Priority Date May 8th,2014

CC Date: May 21,2015

I did notice in the Google document that the last time IR spouse immigrant visa interviewed was in March so since then there was not interviews except for the ones who knew someone at the embassy or able to pay money to one of the embassy staff .... that's what I have heard :protest:

Edited by Haneen22001

Timeline

Guy,

We need to start calling the embassy all the time until they start scheduling us. I googled who is the consulate manager and his name is (Ian Hopper)

call him on 065906000

and then don't wait the operator because they not gonna transfer you to the consulate just dial their extension 6613

Timeline

Priority Date : October 1st , 2014

CC: May 7th, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.