SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello All,

I just checked the U.S. Embassy website and the next available date for interview is- First Available Appointment Is Tuesday November 10, 2015. !!!!

all the other countries are getting their interviews except for Jordanians! I just called NVC they are still scheduling for September will see how long it will take to move a file from NVC electronically to U.S. Embassy in Jordan

the first available appointment has nothing to do with the appointments that are given to the nvc, that first available appointment is for any cr1/ir1s that need to schedule for a different appointment just incase everyone isn't on the same page about that issue .

Timeline

I don't know what are they doing here in Amman beside interviewing all those non-immigrant visas. That's so weird and annoying!!!!

All other countries with tens of millions of populations get their interview much faster than us and we never got scheduled yet at least. in four days we will be finished the fourth month just waiting to be scheduled, hopefully they start scheduling now because my wife and i can't stand anymore and no more vacations left for my wife for a visit. Unless she quit!!

and whenever we send the Embassy an email inquiring when we gonna be scheduled they always send this link to check on our case

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Really!!! everybody knows how to track his case!!

Timeline

Hey guys,

I am new on here and frustrated, I had delays upon delays with my husband case. I send the case with all required documents to NVC at once, i knew they started asking for court clearance from Jordan in addition to the police clearance so my husband had that done and i sent them everything. I received an email saying they received the documents and that they would need 30 days to review and if they need more documents they will email me, 35 days later they send me an email asking for the court clearance that i had already sent. i got upset and frustrated that they are asking for a document that i already sent, i called my lawyer who told me its best to just sent it again because they wont fix the issue over the phone and they might delay my case. So with complete frustration i sent the document again and received an email saying they need 30 days now to review this document (are you kidding me?)..... i received an email 8/13/2015 that the case is complete and waiting to be scheduled, i called my lawyer to get an idea of the wait time now for Jordan she told me she has cases for Jordan that are still waiting for an interview from a few months ago. She called NVC and they told her they don't know what the wait time is and to just wait, again are you kidding me with the just wait? is there any way i can find out an approximation of the wait time, i have seen my husband in the last 2 years for a combination of a month, I am extremely frustrated with this process. No one gives a direct answer.

There's a few on The I-130 Facebook group but I don't see many on here a guy on Facebook got a case complete on April 28th and he said he was still waiting for an interview .

Hi..This is my first post, I got my CC on May 1st and I haven't heard anything until now. It's very frustrating!! Can any one please tell me if other people, who got thier CC in April, have been successful with interviews?

Thanks,

Khalid

Timeline

Hi Khalid,

We are all in the same boat, no one knows what is going on, I stopped calling the NVC since there is no sense of calling.

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Timeline

Guys,

The Embassy in Amman has posted this on their site, I think we all should email them.

Questions Regarding Immigrant Visas

The American Citizen Services Unit CANNOT answer questions regarding the status of an Immigrant Visa petition. If you have a question regarding Immigrant Visas, do not make an appointment for American Citizen Services, instead please follow the instructions below:

For questions regarding petition filing:

Email USCIS at USCIS.Amman@dhs.gov.

For questions regarding filed petitions:

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas_acs_questions.html

Timeline

Guys,

The Embassy in Amman has posted this on their site, I think we all should email them.

Questions Regarding Immigrant Visas

The American Citizen Services Unit CANNOT answer questions regarding the status of an Immigrant Visa petition. If you have a question regarding Immigrant Visas, do not make an appointment for American Citizen Services, instead please follow the instructions below:

For questions regarding petition filing:

Email USCIS at USCIS.Amman@dhs.gov.

For questions regarding filed petitions:

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/mobile/immigrant_visas_acs_questions.html

I've emailed that email before that has to deal with people doing direct consular filling, hence uscis . They will be of no help either .

Timeline

I've emailed that email before that has to deal with people doing direct consular filling, hence uscis . They will be of no help either .

Yes we are done with USCIS and its NVC and US embassy job.

Timeline

Seriously Something is wrong!! Alnhda is saying that there is 300 cases waiting for interviews to be scheduled and the embassy is only taking few 1-3 cases per month!!!!!!! WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!

Timeline

I wish that was not true, but they said today to my husband that they have 300 cases in their office alone not including the other cases waiting for embassy appointments!! and the embassy is only taking very few cases each month for some reason, the office even said to find a way for us to solve the case to guide them and their clients!! that why I am saying we should seriously do something!! I have been married for two years now and I barely saw my husband, our cases has been completed since May and until now we haven't heard anything!!

Timeline

Seriously what can we do guys?

That is the reason I opened this discussion in the first place.

If you have an idea please post it

Timeline

What I concluded is that the problem isn't at the NVC it's the Embassy's business since they don't serve many cases each month which is illogical because every time I drive by the embassy i see a long line of not less than 100 persons who are seeking Non-immigrant visas .

This problem can be solved by either file a complain for the NVC or the Department of State that I don't know how!?? or the other option is calling the Embassy directly but they will not transfer us to the immigrant visa section or we can ask for the general consular officer in person.

I think the first option is the best but how can we file a complain or notice for them beside the regular NVC email address since this address NVCinquiry@state.gov for just inquiries only and takes so long to reply.

Any other Suggestions??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.