miranda

CSC moving along without us

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Patrick and I sent off our I-485 in September. We had an RFE November 16. This RFE never came to us, but they received a response. We called and asked and they said it could have been an RFE sent to the Dr. office from the biometrics. Now it's February 17 and the CSC updated last January (I've been so busy that I've only just now checked the processing dates). Well... they recieved our petition on September 12 and they are currently working on cases recieved September 25. What do we do? Is this normal? Patrick has been to his fingerprint appointment... that was set up in September. Should I give them a call on Monday or is this normal? I checked my email to see if I received an Email from USCIS... none. I looked online at our case status... same old RFE received message. I even called thinking that they may not have updated the computer system, but they might have changed the phone system. Same old RFE received message. I'm just frustrated and worried.

December 12 2005 ~ sent I129F packet to

December 14 2005 ~ Packet Recieved by

December 20 2005 ~ NOA 1

December 29 2005 ~ Touched

March 9 2006 ~ NOA2

April 5 2006 ~ Packet 3 arrives

April 11 2006 ~ Packet 3 returned to London Embassy

June 12 2006 ~ Interview Date (APPROVED!)

June 26 2006 ~ Entered the U.S. under K-1 Visa

July 06 2006 ~ JOP marriage

September 12 2006~ I-485 Received by INS

September 18 2006~ NOA recieved

September 30 2006~ Married

October 3 2006 ~ Biometrics Appointment (Fingerprinted)

November 16, 2006~ RFE reply received ...didn't even know we had an RFE (INS stated that the RFE was

probably sent to the DR. that did our biometrics)

January 17, 2007 ~ CSC is now processing cases received September 25 (11 days after ours was received) :(

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems to be moving right along without us too. Our NOA1 for AOS is from July 2006 and we were transferred in October 2006 to CSC. At this rate, my husband will have to reapply for EAD next month since the instructions say to reapply six months from the expiration date of his card. *sigh* Another $180.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's hard, but try to be patient. The processing dates on the website don't apply to marriage-based AOS cases, which means we've got nothing to go by.

The best that any of us can really do is speculate about the process, because there's no communication to be had. As best I can tell, long delays in processing generally mean our cases are stuck in FBI namecheck. We sent our application in August, and it only just now looks like CSC is processing our case. I think (hope) that it means that we're finally done with about five months of namechecks.

Best wishes for things to start moving on your case again soon, too.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Timeline
I know it's hard, but try to be patient. The processing dates on the website don't apply to marriage-based AOS cases, which means we've got nothing to go by.

The best that any of us can really do is speculate about the process, because there's no communication to be had. As best I can tell, long delays in processing generally mean our cases are stuck in FBI namecheck. We sent our application in August, and it only just now looks like CSC is processing our case. I think (hope) that it means that we're finally done with about five months of namechecks.

Best wishes for things to start moving on your case again soon, too.

I don't try to speculate anymore. I gave up on that a while back. It's easier to be patient with this process since I can wait it out with my husband, rather than apart. Still, it's hard to watch these fast approvals whiz in and out of here while some of us wait....and wait....and wait. If we're in FBI namecheck, at least let us know...nomsayin? :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:whistle: Same here .......waiting is alot easier when you are together .............

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't try to speculate anymore. I gave up on that a while back. It's easier to be patient with this process since I can wait it out with my husband, rather than apart. Still, it's hard to watch these fast approvals whiz in and out of here while some of us wait....and wait....and wait. If we're in FBI namecheck, at least let us know...nomsayin? :)

I definitely know what you're saying. :) I'm pretty well fed up with the black box of this process.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

I thought with your case having been sent to CSC it would have moved quite quickly, we sent my adjustment of status stuff around the second week of december 2006 to Lee's Summit, MO, they then sent it onto CSC on January 19th 2007, we received a RFE before this date because we forgot to send in my mother in law's letter from her employer and paychecks, which were meant to go out with the affidat of support, she is a co sponsor for me, but we sent that back, all was fine, our stuff was sent to CSC and things moved on very quickly, they first said my case was pending, then I had been approved, they sent a notice and email, got the welcome letter a I got my 2 year green card the first week of February 2007, I'm so glad we didn't have to go through the interview.

I think the delay for you guys though could be FBI name checks, or they are just held up with so many cases, you'll get there! just hold on a little more!

If I were you I would call USCIS and talk to someone and tell them your situation, whenever I've spoke to them, they have been very helpful.

Try this number: (800) 375 5283

make sure you have your receipt number on hand for this case.

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

i had posted this in the namecheck thread, but it could be relevant for people in here as well who have waited beyond the average. If you believe your cases could be stalled due to namecheck at CSC, then the average waiting time from NOA1 to approval is around 200 days at least in interviewee's. very very few people get caught past that time frame, and as I have stated before if we were all going through the normal interview process, those who wait the *average* time 'til interview would be none the wiser. same would apply to people at CSC.

this graph represents from NOA1 to AOS approval by of real people in the namecheck thread. each bar is an individual.

Chart.jpg

Edited by lal_brandow

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I know exactly how you all feel...I'm right there with ya! Sometimes I feel like us CSCer's have no right to complain when we won't have to be interviewed and when often it is quick, but for those of us left behind it's depressing to hear people who filed in Dec and now they have their interview notice already or were already transferred and approved from CSC.

I'm disappointed in the whole system. I attended my infopass appt yesterday regarding my AOS and was told that even though my case was transferred to CSC on 14th September, it had actually just been filed away at Lee's Summit and ST. Louis DO will now send it to CSC where it was supposed to have been for the last 5 months. I just feel disappointed that my file was just filed away and someone forgot to do their job properly, and worse than that, I get offered no apology, no reason for why it was never transfered, even when I gave him my NOA saying it was sent to CSC. They are unanswerable to everyone it seems.

Timeline
I thought with your case having been sent to CSC it would have moved quite quickly, we sent my adjustment of status stuff around the second week of december 2006 to Lee's Summit, MO, they then sent it onto CSC on January 19th 2007, we received a RFE before this date because we forgot to send in my mother in law's letter from her employer and paychecks, which were meant to go out with the affidat of support, she is a co sponsor for me, but we sent that back, all was fine, our stuff was sent to CSC and things moved on very quickly, they first said my case was pending, then I had been approved, they sent a notice and email, got the welcome letter a I got my 2 year green card the first week of February 2007, I'm so glad we didn't have to go through the interview.

I think the delay for you guys though could be FBI name checks, or they are just held up with so many cases, you'll get there! just hold on a little more!

If I were you I would call USCIS and talk to someone and tell them your situation, whenever I've spoke to them, they have been very helpful.

Try this number: (800) 375 5283

make sure you have your receipt number on hand for this case.

That number has been dubbed the "misinformation line" by many on here. I'm glad you've had such a helpful person but for the most part, that doesn't happen too often. It's quite possible that we are on FBI namecheck. There hasn't been any rhyme or reason for the approvals lately either...the ones who file and get fast approvals as opposed to those still waiting, regardless of being transferred. IF one is in FBI namecheck hell, then one should be notified of this so at least you'd know what's going on with the case.

I'm holding on....we both are. It's still frustrating, but at least we can share the frustration together instead of apart.

That number has been dubbed the "misinformation line" by many on here. I'm glad you've had such a helpful person but for the most part, that doesn't happen too often. It's quite possible that we are on FBI namecheck. There hasn't been any rhyme or reason for the approvals lately either...the ones who file and get fast approvals as opposed to those still waiting, regardless of being transferred. IF one is in FBI namecheck hell, then one should be notified of this so at least you'd know what's going on with the case.

I'm holding on....we both are. It's still frustrating, but at least we can share the frustration together instead of apart.

Hopefully you will soon get word on your green card before you reapply for the EAD. We applied in early July 2006 for the AOS and just got approved 2 days ago so it was almost an 8 month wait. Lots of luck.

Late November 2004 Sent out I-129 package

December 8, 2004 NOA2 approved

February 2005 Receives Pakcage 3

Late April, 2005 Sent back package 3

Early August 2005 Receives package 4

November 2, 2005 Medical

November 8, 2005 Interview... success!

November 9, 2005 Received Visa at 9am by courier

May 2 or 3,2006 He arrives in the USA

May 13, 2006 Wedding

July 3, 2006 Sent out for AOS, EAD, and AP

July 13, 2006 Received NOA's for all three

Sep. 21, 2006 Received AP

Sep. 23, 2006 Received EAD. YAY!

February 15, 2007 Approved without interview!! Card ordered for production

February 16, 2007 Mail notice sent welcoming new permanent resident

December 23, 2008 Sent in I-751 to remove conditions

January 5, 2009 Received NOA

February 6, 2009 Biometrics appt.

now just waiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.