bbawkb

RFI Green card.. please help!!!

21 posts in this topic

Hello everyone i have been reading through this forum all the time since day 1 i moved here.

I was granted asylum 1 year ago and came the time for me to apply for the green card, i did gather everything and applied for it last month, did my biometrics and everything, however, unfortunately they updated the status online saying that they sent me a mail for RFI " Request for initial evidence " i did not receive the letter yet so im not sure what are the reasons or what they are actually requesting.

But i am wondering have any of you guys experienced that ? what was it about ? how do you respond to an RFI ? do you need a lawyer ? IS it something bad or good ? And also please let me know if i can post the reason when i receive the letter and if you could help me replying to it ?

Please guys any input would be so helpful and much appreciated .

Thank you so much and god bless

it is hard to say what it is about. Till you get the letter there is no way of knowing. You respond to the RFI with the info requested and the cover sheet they send. They will tell you where to mail it. Yes please post the reason so that we can help with what you need. It sounds like some evidence was missing or lost from your packet. You may not need a lawyer, All depends on what you are lacking. Be patient and wait for the letter.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Thank you so much for your reply G Walters i really appreciate you are helping me out.

I will make sure i post the reasons as soon as i receive the RFI letter in the mail!!

THANKS AGAINNNN :)!!

Until you recieve your letter, you can't do anything but wait. I had the same issue recently and was given 3 months to come up with the evidence needed. I just sent the evidence Friday. I could be anything... My circumstances were with the I864. They say once they recieve the evidence they can take upto 30 days to process it. I know it is really stressful to see this and it makes your mind crawl, but usually it isn't much of an issue. It could be any little thing which is corrected in a few hours.

Until you recieve your letter, you can't do anything but wait. I had the same issue recently and was given 3 months to come up with the evidence needed. I just sent the evidence Friday. I could be anything... My circumstances were with the I864. They say once they recieve the evidence they can take upto 30 days to process it. I know it is really stressful to see this and it makes your mind crawl, but usually it isn't much of an issue. It could be any little thing which is corrected in a few hours.

Thank you so much Dave for your reply and your input

I reallu thank you guys for helping me out..

Dave at the moment im waiting for the RFI to arrive in the mail hopefully its something easy to fix i dont like being stressed out.

But i will share the reasons for the RFI as soon as i receive .. and i would very much appreciate if you come back check the post/thread read the reasons and help me out with your inputs! Thanks again you guys make me feel like im not alone into this!!! :)

Sure, no problem. I'll subscribe to this thread and let you know of any updates that occor. I am assuming around 30 days that I will see some form of status change online. I am just currently waiting and not stressing as I originally did with the 129f forms. I realise now that the system is the system and frequently checking updates does nothing, but cause your mind to crawl.

The current status change for my case:

On June 2, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC**************. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by August 1, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed

Thanks everyone for all your help and responses

I still yet to receive the RFI and i will post As soon as i receive it

Dave congrats on the status update online im so glad for you and i really hope you get approved and it goes directly to card production without any other RFE's or Interviews !!!! Im sure it will stay strong with no stress buddy :) !!!!!

Sure, no problem. I'll subscribe to this thread and let you know of any updates that occor. I am assuming around 30 days that I will see some form of status change online. I am just currently waiting and not stressing as I originally did with the 129f forms. I realise now that the system is the system and frequently checking updates does nothing, but cause your mind to crawl.

Hello everyone alright so i finally received my RFE today and it says that i did not fill out all the answers for form i-485 Part 3 section C indicating the organization im member of !

They sent me 2 papers

1- for the notice itself

2-a yellow paper to return with the return package

they did not send me the old paper from my original file as usual.. so what do you think i should do ? should i download PART 3 second C form i-485 from the online USCIS fill it out and return it ? or fill the whole i-485 and return it ?

I am trying to attach the photos for you guys to see it and let me know exactly but i am not able to ... does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks everyone

Never mind i was able to upload it please find all attached below

Copy of the notice itself

http://s22.postimg.org/cw1n6h3fl/rfe.png

and the yellow paper

http://postimg.org/image/ef5mqpfp9/

The only question i have at the moment is how to reply ? i know i will attached the yellow paper on top and take copy of it for my record and then attached the rest of the documents they requested after that .

But how am i gonna fill out the Part 3 Block C ? which papers from the form i need to download and fill exactly ?

I checked the form i-485 and i guess i have to fill out Page 3,4, and 5 only is that correct ? or i need to fill the last one with the signature again ?

Thanks everyone.

Honestly, this question is usually controversial in the sense some people will do things a little differently compared to what is asked for. I cannot speak for others, but what I did with my case was give them exactly what they asked for and added cover pages and sticky notes to explain my package. Don't forget, each case is unique. This seems quite simple to fix, as it is just missing information :P

So, I would do exactly as they're asking whilst reading the instructions for the i-485 very carefully and addressing anything that's missing or things you have potentially missed. Also, double and tripple check your work and be certain. Pay attention to the wording carefully too.

Honestly, this question is usually controversial in the sense some people will do things a little differently compared to what is asked for. I cannot speak for others, but what I did with my case was give them exactly what they asked for and added cover pages and sticky notes to explain my package. Don't forget, each case is unique. This seems quite simple to fix, as it is just missing information :P

So, I would do exactly as they're asking whilst reading the instructions for the i-485 very carefully and addressing anything that's missing or things you have potentially missed. Also, double and tripple check your work and be certain. Pay attention to the wording carefully too.

Haha i know right.. that was an easy one thank god !!

I have downloaded the Part 3 ( Pages 3,4, and 5 ) from the USCIS and filled the whole part again with adding " NONE " in the organization Block C question .. because im sure i did not put NONE in the first one i sent out i did not even see that is a question that i have to answer lol..

So i have filled the pages as i said ... wrote a very simple cover letter saying

Re: I-485 adjustment of status " Request for evidence letter " and then wrote enclosing you will find Block C of PART 3 from form i-485 with my initials and date next to it.... attached the needed docs after that with the yellow paper on top and mailed it out this morning express mail USPS ... should be there Friday or staurday .. and i know they will take like 7 to 14 days to update status .. fingers crossed.

But i will definitely keep you and everyone updated as soon as i receive news.. you too keep us in the loop and updated always Dave .. good luck man .. Thank you so much for replying .. it's very highly appreciated :) !

PS: I have checked the papers X1000 times before sending i even took pictures of what i am sending and of the envelope to know that i did everything right lol

Hello everyone just a quick update on June 10th i have advised that i mailed the response to the RFI back .. today i received an email from the USCIS informing that they changed my status and now it's saying " Response to USCIS' Request for evidence was received " i know it will take time for them to review and reply so will see but i will keep you guys updated.

Edited by bbawkb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.