Kofi1

NVC DELAY TO INTIEW LETTER

293 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have completed my case filed by my wife on 27 march. It's more than two months now but NVC has not schedule interview at the US Embassy in Accra Ghana. We called and they say we should wait. Can any one tell when should we expect the interview letter.

Timeline

I think they have slowed down because my lawyer has emailed them and no reply and I emailed and no reply and the senator emailed and no response yet, usually they send a generic email but they haven't even done that when I email them so something is going on, maybe they have gotten rid of the over bearing denial co's ?

Timeline

With emails it takes 40 days before they reply or u mean got ride of the stuff at Ghana embassy here in Accra

No I mean usually I would get a email within a few days from the embassy but they haven't been responding, and that's at the American Emabssy in Ghana, some of my husband friends have said they have gotten rid of some the consular that were being difficult but I'm not sure if that's true, I know the consulars do get moved around they usually do 6 months to 2 years at a emabssy

Timeline

From case complete to interview date on average for Ghana is 6 weeks. If most of you have waited for more than that period, there must be an issue either at NVC or there must be a back log at Us embassy in Ghana. What does your CEAC website status say as at now?

Timeline

@Kofi 1... it may seem to people they don't look at the documents when they call you to the interview window but i am sure they definitely do. On interview day, the documents are handed over to them and they have possession of it for a while before calling you to the interview window so hard to tell what takes place behind the scenes once they have your documents till when you are called to the window. All in all, the credibility of your application is the key, some Consulate Officers when you have everything in order and everything seems legit may tend not to probe too much but doesn't mean they don't even look at them. My advice, take every necessary relevant document you could gather under the sun, better safe than sorry.

Timeline

@Drusilla29.....sorry for such a long wait..hopefully you hear from them soon. interview date would be 6 weeks out from when they eventually schedule an interview date for you. All the best and hope you hear from them soon. In the interim, organize all the documents your would be needing for your interview and prepare for the medicals.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.