TracyFan

Which NVC address should I use??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hello! I am trying to pay my AOS fee by mail. However, in the NVC website, there are two different addresses,

one is Mail the cashier’s check or money order with the fee invoices to the address below:

NVC Fee Processing Center
P.O. Box 790136
St. Louis, MO 63179-0136

another one is

• Affidavit of Support (AOS) fee payments must be mailed to the following address:

National Visa Center
    PO Box 790135
    St. Louis, MO 63179-0135

which one should I use?

Is it better to pay AOS and IV fee together if I did NOT do DS-261 or DS-260 online yet?

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi TracyFan, I sent my AOS fee to the PO Box 790136. What date did you get your case number? I got mine on the 8th and was finally able to log in today and complete my DS261. I would have been able to pay the AOS fee too but I had sent mine in the post last week, which they received last Thursday. I don't know how long it will take to show as paid and that is why I asked what date you got your case number as it might be worth holding on to pay on line if you are able to get on there soon. :)

Timeline

Hi TracyFan, I sent my AOS fee to the PO Box 790136. What date did you get your case number? I got mine on the 8th and was finally able to log in today and complete my DS261. I would have been able to pay the AOS fee too but I had sent mine in the post last week, which they received last Thursday. I don't know how long it will take to show as paid and that is why I asked what date you got your case number as it might be worth holding on to pay on line if you are able to get on there soon. :)

Hello mommaK! My case number and invoice ID number were assigned on May 19th, I am NOT able to login to the website to do the DS-261 or pay fees. In my welcome letter packet, there is an Affidavit of Support Fee Invoice page which states "you only need to use this invoice if you cannot pay your AOS fee online". That is exactly what Im facing right now. So I dont know to mail in the check or wait for the website...

Timeline

To be honest I would say wait as there appears to be movement right now. I also had the invoice with the welcome letter and that is what I sent my payment with. The only reason I did that was everyone was saying they could not get on who got their case number is May. Yesterday I saw that someone who had got their case number on the 7th was able to log in and had hoped today would by my turn, and indeed it was! It really might pay you to wait another week as you might be able to log on then and pay straight away. I have to play the waiting game now to see how long before my payment shows up as paid. It's obviously whatever you feel happiest to do at this point. If I had seen movement last week I would have waited for sure.

Timeline

To be honest I would say wait as there appears to be movement right now. I also had the invoice with the welcome letter and that is what I sent my payment with. The only reason I did that was everyone was saying they could not get on who got their case number is May. Yesterday I saw that someone who had got their case number on the 7th was able to log in and had hoped today would by my turn, and indeed it was! It really might pay you to wait another week as you might be able to log on then and pay straight away. I have to play the waiting game now to see how long before my payment shows up as paid. It's obviously whatever you feel happiest to do at this point. If I had seen movement last week I would have waited for sure.

Thank you for your advice! By the way we are both doing IR-5.

Timeline

Thank you for your advice! By the way we are both doing IR-5.

You're welcome. Yes I saw that. Not so many of us on here I don't think. Please keep me updated on your progress, and vice versa, as it will be lovely to share our journeys with each other. :goofy: Hopefully this time next week, if not sooner, you will be onto the next stage as well.

Timeline

You're welcome. Yes I saw that. Not so many of us on here I don't think. Please keep me updated on your progress, and vice versa, as it will be lovely to share our journeys with each other. :goofy: Hopefully this time next week, if not sooner, you will be onto the next stage as well.

You are right. Not so many of us. Lets keep in touch! :D Nice "meeting" you today~~

Timeline

Good Morning mommaK, good news! I was able to fill out DS-261 and pay aos fee online this morning. So happy~~ :goofy:

Timeline

Good Morning mommaK, good news! I was able to fill out DS-261 and pay aos fee online this morning. So happy~~ :goofy:

That's brilliant news!! So now you are ahead of me as I have to wait for my AOS bill to be shown as paid when the money order processing is completed. I'm praying that shows up this week so I can get the IV fee paid next. :clock::rolleyes:

Timeline

That's brilliant news!! So now you are ahead of me as I have to wait for my AOS bill to be shown as paid when the money order processing is completed. I'm praying that shows up this week so I can get the IV fee paid next. :clock::rolleyes:

Thank you!

I really hope yours shows up on the website soon.

Do your income meet their requirements? I have to have a joint sponsor. What kind of financial documents you are planning to turn in?

Timeline

Thank you!

I really hope yours shows up on the website soon.

Do your income meet their requirements? I have to have a joint sponsor. What kind of financial documents you are planning to turn in?

yes we do. My daughter is my petitioner and she isn't working at the moment as she is home with my first grandchild. We will be using my son in laws income on the I-864A supported with tax transcripts for both of them for the last three years. He is active duty so will be sending some pay stubs along too.

Timeline

yes we do. My daughter is my petitioner and she isn't working at the moment as she is home with my first grandchild. We will be using my son in laws income on the I-864A supported with tax transcripts for both of them for the last three years. He is active duty so will be sending some pay stubs along too.

I thought you are the petitioner. :rolleyes: Are you in UK now?

Timeline

I thought you are the petitioner. :rolleyes: Are you in UK now?

Sorry for the confusion :unsure: yes I am in the UK. The visa is for me. I joined the website as there is lots of useful information and advice, and I'm trying my best to make sure we have a complete package to submit so it goes as smooth as possible. :yes:

Timeline

Sorry for the confusion :unsure: yes I am in the UK. The visa is for me. I joined the website as there is lots of useful information and advice, and I'm trying my best to make sure we have a complete package to submit so it goes as smooth as possible. :yes:

No, no worries. That's exactly what I am hoping and need to do as well. Let's hope everything goes smoothly for both of us!! :idea:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tracy - you opting in / enrolling for the optional Electronic Processing bits at NVC for Guangzhou IV? I hope so !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.