gigo

Silly Question

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Gigo

First off..welcome to Visa Journey. It's a great resource for anyone looking for more information on visas and a great support for those intrenched in the process!!

Secondly, I think what people here are asking of you is to go and fill in the information in your PROFILE. THis is a place where you can write down the details of your relationship, where you live, where he lives, and give people some insight in who you are and what your situation is.How you met, how long have you been together, do you want to get married, are you already married? This is a community where people rely on each other to some degree to get answers and support and like most communities is based on give and take. There is a certain ettiquette involved. THose here who have been asking and answering questions for many months--if not years--have built a level of trust and friendship with others on this site. The way to start is again--by filling out your profile.

Thirdly, from what little you have said, you need to file for a FIANCE VISA K1. This is for people who want to get married. It takes anywhere from 2 months (15 days in Indonesia--I think I want to move) to a year depending on where you live and where your finace lives and the circumstances that surround your relationship. Read the guides. I was much like you---I was here as a guest for a while, not sure what I was doing and a little afraid to sign up and jump right in. After reading alot of posts-it seemed like there were many people on here who were already friends and I felt like an outsider or an intruder. The secret is to be polite, first try to find the answers yourself by reading posts, threads, guides etc, when asked for more info so people can help you-give more information-as much a possible, don't sweat the meanies--they are everywhere, people who don't know how to be polite in return, if you get extra help from a fantastic member make sure you acknowledge it, and pass on the what you know. If you run across a question you know the answer to-offer your information-even if it is just a simple Good luck

Best of luck in your jouney--hang in there because it's a long process but in the end it will be worth it!!

Angel--a newbie!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please do not take all of the information you get from posters here as THE WORD. Many people offer ideas and suggestions without knowing all of the facts. We all try and we all make mistakes. Your own research based on the ideas of members is best.

so all I need to come to america is this I-134 document form my b/f ? thank you for this news. I will telephone him right away and ask him to send me this document. this is first I read about this. I think it was more difficult but I am so happy .

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

Filed: Other Timeline

I know that nobody is mean but they all want to help me. This FIANCE VISA K-1 is what I have read about. I think this is what visa I need. I will ask my b/f for this I-134 document and then telephone US Embassy and ask how I file for this visa. Thank you all for your help.. Only 15 days if in Indonesia I think I wish to move there to.

Timeline
Indonesia K1 1 1 0 70that 70 is the number of days till interview after the consulate gets the package in Indonesia. thats after the month at NVC and the 90 days you will wait while your I-129f is at CSC. 70+30+90=190 then add in transit times of the application. Looks like way more then 15 to me
I know that nobody is mean but they all want to help me. This FIANCE VISA K-1 is what I have read about. I think this is what visa I need. I will ask my b/f for this I-134 document and then telephone US Embassy and ask how I file for this visa. Thank you all for your help.. Only 15 days if in Indonesia I think I wish to move there to.

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Indonesia K1 1 1 0 70that 70 is the number of days till interview after the consulate gets the package in Indonesia. thats after the month at NVC and the 90 days you will wait while your I-129f is at CSC. 70+30+90=190 then add in transit times of the application. Looks like way more then 15 to me

I was just quoting what someone else has put down as how long it took them to get their K1 approved and she was from Indonesia--------I certainly wasn't suggesting that everyone gets anything done that quickly---was simply trying to help

Timeline

Quoting misinformation to the OP does not help out them or you. Now the OP is ready to pick up and move to get a visa quicker. A little more investigation by the OP and the person quoting others would be of greater value to a positive outcome. Nobody has all of the correct answers or even all of the answers; but, giving a few correct answers or mostly correct answers beats a clearly incorrect answer. Only my opinion, and I am 100% in no way antagonizing a fight or being mean.

I was just quoting what someone else has put down as how long it took them to get their K1 approved and she was from Indonesia--------I certainly wasn't suggesting that everyone gets anything done that quickly---was simply trying to help

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.