Jump to content

Applying for K1 Visa, After having Green Card... HELP!

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello to all,

I am new at the site and have a question.

My fiancé who lives in the Dominican Republic once had a green card, which he used to enter the USA once back in 1995 and never used again. He was even issued a social security number. At that time he was a minor and his mom decided for them to stay in DR. The thing is that he never renewed the green card. We met 2 years ago and we want to get married and thinking of applying for a K1 visa.

My question is, is he going to have a problem because he used to have a Green card but never used again?

On the G-325A form, should we enter his green card number and social security number or NOT?

Please help!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.