roobear

A complicated mailing address and proof of relationship questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have some general questions on mailing address things as well as proof of our ongoing relationship. Any help would be VERY appreciated as I am currently in medical school and am trying to finish the I-129F before I leave the country for my summer break (on top of all my school work and everything!).

1. Mailing Address. I cam a student and in three weeks and I will be on break and traveling for 2 months. After that I will be moving to another city (I still don't have an apartment). I normally use my parent's address for important documents, which is in a completely different state. What mailing address should I use? It is ok if my mailing address for the I-129F is different than my physical addresses on the G325-A? Also, which address should I put on the cover letter - or can I just leave out an address on this? Or would it be better to submit everything with my current address and then as soon as I leave on vacation change the mailing address to my parents (even though I won't be living there...).

2. Address in the United States where your fiancé intends to live. Again, this is hard, because I don't know where I will be moving to yet and so I don't know where he will be living. Should I put my current address (which is going to change), or my parent's address?

3. Proof of ongoing relationship. I meet my fiancé while I was living in Ecuador. We have been together since then, and I moved back to the US a year ago. This is a total of 2.5 years and a lot of evidence. I have the typical evidence showing my trips to ecuador in the last year, but what kind of evidence should I show of our relationship while I was living in Ecuador? I have pictures and emails but that is all. Also, should I show my initial flight to Ecuador when I moved there and should I include photocopies of my visa while I stayed there? Do I need to explain what I was doing while I was there?

4. Part 2 Question 34a. I am writing up a supplement that explains how we met and then the dates of our meeting/trips since we met. This evidence will then be included in the proof of ongoing relationship. Is this appropriate?

thank you every so much for all of your help! I would be so lost without this community!

- Jenni

1. You can use your parents address so that you get your mail for sure.

2. Use you parents address

3. You can include your passport stamps but make sure to explain so that the adjudicator understands that you were with her for 2.5 years. You can add receipts or any ticket stubs of your trips together with pictures to prove it. Try to stick to recent photos that were taken within 2 years of filing.

4. Yes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.