5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello to everyone,

I've been reading the forum and I found some very good info

I would like to have some advice about my case

Our situation it is a little different like every case around there:

After discussing and talking

We were thinking of a applying for a k-1 soon the thing is that we don't know how many chances we will have or maybe we

are worrying too much after reading some cases on-line

Good points:

This is a true relationship and we know eachother for 4 years ,it is a same sex relationship.

I asked him to come here

He has a Good Job and he can't leave because of his mother heath problems and job .

He does have a good job

income and a house

I live in Switzerland a very serious country and not red flag and wouldn't be so stupid to live this country if I wasn't so in love , we were thinking of applying after his visit.

I don't have a criminal history or nothing like that.

We have a very big difference in age that I hope won't be an issue at all because we know so many cases like I said before our relationship is honest and truthful and we can prove it.We are similar and connected.

Now the rest....

Unfortunately 3 years ago after meeting him (we were already engaged) a got a record containing a one day overstay and worked on the esta programme because of this mistake I have a (VWP) refusal I need to return with a visa the officials said that.I would like to believe what I read on this forum that worked could be forgiven when you apply for a k-1 and a one day overstay doesn't really count that much.

We are thinking of trying since we have nothing left to loose and hope there will be a yes but we don't know how many chances and how the process will be ??

Thank you for the answers!!

I have found that over the year I have been on this site, age is an major issue only for new members. In general, the older members consider age to be a minor issue at most.

As to your other concerns, someone else will have to speak to those.

Personally, I think you have to try if he is really the love of your life. Good luck!

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

that we don't know how many chances we will have

Chances at what?

or maybe we

are worrying too much after reading some cases on-line

Most usually the case.

Good points:

This is a true relationship and we know eachother for 4 years

Have to prove that to a total stranger, the Embassy CO. Your word alone is not enough.

,it is a same sex relationship.

Not an issue these days.

I asked him to come here

He has a Good Job

Great, then won't need a cosponsor.

and he can't leave because of his mother heath problems and job .

You both HAVE to meet in person somewhere prior to the filing.

He does have a good job

income and a house

Great

I live in Switzerland a very serious country and not red flag

Yep

Super

We have a very big difference in age

Usually it isn't an issue.

our relationship is honest and truthful and we can prove it.

Plan for that.

Great

Unfortunately 3 years ago after meeting him (we were already engaged) a got a record containing a one day overstay and worked on the esta programme because of this mistake I have a (VWP) refusal I need to return with a visa the officials said that.I would like to believe what I read on this forum that worked could be forgiven when you apply for a k-1 and a one day overstay doesn't really count that much.

You are correct, don't worry about it.

We are thinking of trying

It will follow the usual course.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

5 observations:

1.You both HAVE to meet in person somewhere prior to the filing.

I am aware of that and I wrote that we will apply after he will visit me here never said we wouldn't!

2.Not an issue these days.

I've never considered or write that as an issue

Have to prove that to a total stranger, the Embassy CO. Your word alone is not enough.

That's so fine !!!

Totally!

Everyone who have been through this process...

4.I typed twice

5.You are correct, don't worry about it.

Ok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.