Toforo

AOS - Form I-864/NON-TAXABLE INCOME

3 posts in this topic

I am working on the AOS status for my K1 Visa for my (now) wife.

I stumbled through that and am now working on form I-864 Affidavit of Support

I have received two US Government NON-TAXABLE incomes since 2008 -

- 100% (non-taxable) VA Disability

- 100% (non-taxable) Social Security Administration

This situation has eliminated my need to file annual Federal/State returns since 2008.

(Yes, I have an accountant/CPA that monitors and ensures my status...)

I have "Income Statements" from both the VA and the SSA showing my income since 2008 - but no Federal/IRS Tax Returns (in addition to supporting information from my bank/financial institutions)

During the "visa process" prior to my fiancée's arrival, for the I-134 Affidavit of Support at her embassy interview, I used signed/dated "computer print-outs" from the VA and the SSA to show annual income and I attached Bank Statements with/cover-letters as supporting data for "direct-deposit" information, as well as account balances.

So - on form I-864, Part6/blocks 13a-c. and 13a-c.1 and block 14, where it specifically asks for "total income as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years," - I have no information.

Leave those blocks blank?

There is no other section/block/line for this "non-taxable/non-reportable" income - and I feel compelled to leave blocks Part6/blocks 13a-c. and 13a-c.1 and block 14 blank....
....though I will submit ALL supporting documentation.

Anyone else have this situation or one similar?
Or - Anyone else have idea, comment, or suggestion?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are no longer working and retired, then mark that on Part 6 #3. Be sure to add up all your income and list that total in Part 6 #5.

You will not check the box for Part 6 #13, or list your income from the last 3 returns because you have none. Right above #13a where the data boxes begin, hand print, 'DID NOT FILE-SEE ATTACHMENT'. Include an attachment sheet that explains why you were not legally required to file taxes for the last 3 years. This is a requirement when you have not filed taxes any of the last 3 years. Let them know your income is non-taxable and therefore you are not obligated to file taxes on it.

Provide the benefits letters/income statements and the last 12 months of bank statements to prove your income amount.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

If you are no longer working and retired, then mark that on Part 6 #3. Be sure to add up all your income and list that total in Part 6 #5.

You will not check the box for Part 6 #13, or list your income from the last 3 returns because you have none. Right above #13a where the data boxes begin, hand print, 'DID NOT FILE-SEE ATTACHMENT'. Include an attachment sheet that explains why you were not legally required to file taxes for the last 3 years. This is a requirement when you have not filed taxes any of the last 3 years. Let them know your income is non-taxable and therefore you are not obligated to file taxes on it.

Provide the benefits letters/income statements and the last 12 months of bank statements to prove your income amount.

Thanks KayDeeCee - that's exactly what I've done so far!

(including cover letters from my bank/financial institutions to USCIS "Dear Sir or Madam" inviting USCIS to contact the financial institutions directly for any queries)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.