relativeways

Does USCIS service request work for anyone?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I've tried multiple times to submit and keep getting a 500 servlet exception error:

"The service or article you selected is not compatible with form I485, sub-type selected, and receipt number MSCxxxx"

I've tried putting I-485 Family based adjustment and I485 other

Does anyone else have this issue?

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

I have the same issue as you do when I check the status for I485. If I check for my advance parole (and I have already received the combo-card) it says that it's within the normal processing times. So does it mean that my I-485 is not within the normal processing times anymore? I had the interview but the decision (approval or denial) has never made yet.

No they must have disabled it due to high service requests. You can still call the toll free number and speak to tier 2 and put in a request

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

No they must have disabled it due to high service requests. You can still call the toll free number and speak to tier 2 and put in a request

Most likely the case. Gah I hate calling them.. but yeah.. I got the same "error message" too

I called, was on hold for about 2 hours to hear that my case is within the normal processing times!!!! :angry: It's been almost a month (4 weeks) since the interview when the IO said that I was approved :bonk:

It took them 2 hours to figure that out? Sheesh..... Sorry you had to go through that

A 500 server error message is something literally 'wrong' on the IT side of things. Turning off service requests wouldn't result in that error, but just unplugging the servers required for service requests might...

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

It took them 2 hours to figure that out? Sheesh..... Sorry you had to go through that

Well, not exactly. I called and had a couple of questions, including one about this error. The person I was talking to could really answer none of them and she put me on mute for a couple of minutes every time a question was asked. Then when I asked her the question about answering a question on the application for work, which I had difficulty with because there were options like a) citizen b)permanent resident or c)visa holder and if c) is chosen there are two more questions: visa type and expiration date. Since I came on K1 and expired already and I had my interview about a month ago and have not been approved yet I had trouble with answering that question. She again put me on mute, I waited for two minutes, and then she decided to transfer me. And I waited for 2 hours. So when I got finally trough I started with the status question but since it took me so long to get through I decided to ask all other questions (hoping to get a different response). No way. Still the same answers. Including being within the normal processing times for me. And moreover I was told that there are no timeframes for approval by itself, i.e. from the date of the interview to the decision date.

I tried it today and yesterday and it throws the 500 internal error for me too.

"The service or article you selected is not compatible with form I485, sub-type selected, and receipt number"

AOS Timeline

NOA1: Sep 4, 2014

Biometrics: Sep 22, 2014

EAD/AP: Nov 12, 2014

NPIW: Dec 11, 2014

Approval: Jul 6, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.