Janelle2002

Confederate flag will be burned in Missouri ceremony

10 posts in this topic

Confederate flag will be burned in Missouri ceremony

WRITTEN BY DANIEL MUELLER POSTED: 05/22/2015, 01:36PM
Missouri will join 11 other states in a Confederate flag burning and burial ceremony planned for Memorial Day.

The idea comes from John Sims, an artist who said he moved to Florida and was alarmed at the number of Confederate flags. The Orlando Sentinel reports:

One such flag, proclaimed as one of the world’s largest Confederate flags — which, like most “Confederate” flags, is actually a variation of the Confederate army’s battle flag and not its various national flags — flew at the intersection of interstates 4 and 75 not far from his home

Sims told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes the ceremony inspires others to “approach…symbols they’re most afraid of.”

http://kansascity.suntimes.com/kc-news/7/112/269947/confederate-flag-burned-missouri-ceremony

Black artist will burn, bury the Confederate flag across the South on Memorial Day http://dlvr.it/9wZc5D

Edited by Janelle2002

Kinda screwed up that he chose to do it on Memorial Day, when we are supposed to be honoring those that gave their lives for our freedoms. But hey... 'Murika!

First off it is not Missouri and other states, it is one person organizing it

So what happened to all that liberal, "you should respect others culture" BS

Maybe we can get him to toast a few Korans while he is at it .

Filed: Timeline

Those that fought under the confederate flag killed those that fought for our nation and her freedoms. Burning that rag on on Memorial Day is most fitting.

Its kind of thing here in the US to respect everyone who died in our Civil War. It was brother against brother after all.

I have no issue burning confederate flags, in fact the one time I ever received a suspension here was related to negative comments I made towards it.

But its tactless to do this on Memorial Day.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Those that fought under the confederate flag killed those that fought for our nation and her freedoms. Burning that rag on on Memorial Day is most fitting.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. But it is truly NOT fitting, at all.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its kind of thing here in the US to respect everyone who died in our Civil War. It was brother against brother after all.

I have no issue burning confederate flags, in fact the one time I ever received a suspension here was related to negative comments I made towards it.

But its tactless to do this on Memorial Day.

I agree with that.