fatimazahrae

Are you happy in your first job?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm looking for a good job for more than 1 year:the first job in USA, i got several interviews request and i went to none of them , after when i read reviews online about the company i decide every time to do not go to the potential job interview, most job interviews i got was commission salary only, and when the job offer is good always the location is too far from me, i started getting some base salary interviews , i'm curious to know:

how much you get paid per hour in your job? is there any good benefit package?

is your hourly salary enough for you?

i would like to start any job soon because i'm very tired of sitting at the house , and i'm upset because i wasted too much time just looking into reviews/comments without doing anything in real life

Thanks to help with any advice and share your first job experience/salary, this will help to have some advance in my life

Good luck in your visa journey

Edited by fatimazahrae

I haven't arrived yet in the US but why don't you go to interviews? You've got nothing to lose, and don't believe everything you read online. Disgruntled employees are more likely to rate companies than happy employees.

You will most likely only get minimum wage if you are not qualified to do anything or have no previous work experience. So asking other people what they earn is meaningless because you are you.

Just get out there and go to interviews.

I haven't arrived yet in the US but why don't you go to interviews? You've got nothing to lose, and don't believe everything you read online. Disgruntled employees are more likely to rate companies than happy employees.

You will most likely only get minimum wage if you are not qualified to do anything or have no previous work experience. So asking other people what they earn is meaningless because you are you.

Just get out there and go to interviews.

Thanks for your quick reply, after more than 1 year i realized i'm wasting time by just sitting and making deep research every time i get interview request, believing every bad review i read, i could just experience myself on how to pass the job interviews,

i know the hourly salary is different from position to other ,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Nobody can help you unless you tell us your background, education, previous working experience, how good is your English, and where you live -- so let's start with the basic information first.

Nobody can help you unless you tell us your background, education, previous working experience, how good is your English, and where you live -- so let's start with the basic information first.

Hi, thanks for your answer, i have a bachelor degree from Belgium, in business management and another bachelor degree in social work, with a small experience in Belgium, the base salary for the potential jobs i'm getting these days is between 13 to 15 per h they require bachelor degree, i know that 14/h or 15 with bachelor degree is low salary, same thing i have read in the companies reviews that are contacting me for interview, people they worked their they says low pay / poor benefit , but i'm not sure what is going outside there, what people they accept and what they do not accept with bachelor degree or without, i have no friends to ask, my English is not that much bad and not very good, i live in California state

Edited by fatimazahrae

hello i personally not happy with my first job , it is not the job i have dreamed 2 have, the salary is 12/h with terrible benefit , hours are ridiculous ,no room for advancement, i wish i get some thing better in the future, if you need the job badly just accept it for now

hello i personally not happy with my first job , it is not the job i have dreamed 2 have, the salary is 12/h with terrible benefit , hours are ridiculous ,no room for advancement, i wish i get some thing better in the future, if you need the job badly just accept it for now

Thank you rawas, it seems like a lot of people they do not get the job they deserve in USA the first time, wish you the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, thanks for your answer, i have a bachelor degree from Belgium, in business management and another bachelor degree in social work, with a small experience in Belgium, the base salary for the potential jobs i'm getting these days is between 13 to 15 per h they require bachelor degree, i know that 14/h or 15 with bachelor degree is low salary, same thing i have read in the companies reviews that are contacting me for interview, people they worked their they says low pay / poor benefit , but i'm not sure what is going outside there, what people they accept and what they do not accept with bachelor degree or without, i have no friends to ask, my English is not that much bad and not very good, i live in California state

yes for someone that has a bachelor degree 14/h-15/h is not a whole lot, but the degree is not from the US so some employers might not give as much credit for it. If you wait for a perfect job you will be waiting for a long time, I do not have a degree of any kind and my highest paying job was around $26/hr back in 2007, I don't make as much as that anymore but make quite bit more than 15hr, I also know a few people that have a degree but make a lot less than me. There is a lot of variables, experience, location and type of job.

my thoughts to you is get a job with that pay and built your experience within the US market.

Edited by lmatos1978

yes for someone that has a bachelor degree 14/h-15/h is not a whole lot, but the degree is not from the US so some employers might not give as much credit for it. If you wait for a perfect job you will be waiting for a long time, I do not have a degree of any kind and my highest paying job was around $26/hr back in 2007, I don't make as much as that anymore but make quite bit more than 15hr, I also know a few people that have a degree but make a lot less than me. There is a lot of variables, experience, location and type of job.

my thoughts to you is get a job with that pay and built your experience within the US market.

Thanks for your comment it was very helpful,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.