Peev3s

Medical Exam - Vaccinations

5 posts in this topic

I have just been to my doctor (after having been emailing her for approx. 5 months in regards to our situation) to have my immunisations before my medical exam.

As I haven't had any of the 3 of the course before, I am now being told the course takes 6 months! If I turn up with 2/3 of the course of injections to my medical, will I be told to wait the remaining amount of time before they can continue!?

Please help, I am so nervous.

We have just received our case complete email from the NVC took, so all the excitement of that has just been ripped from within me. I don't want to wait any longer than I have to to be home with my wife...

No. You will not have to wait. There are waivers for "insufficient time interval". The only shots an adult needs right now are MMR and Tdap. It isn't currently flu season, so flu shot is waived with "not flu season".. Having chickenpox a gets you out of the varicella shot. They take your word. Also in the UK "not available" is also a waiver of varicella. That works for spouse visas because you have to be acceptable by your interview. (K1s have the opportunity to get their shots later in the US, so unavailable doesn't work for them.). The childhood and baby shots are waived with "not age appropriate".

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have just been to my doctor (after having been emailing her for approx. 5 months in regards to our situation) to have my immunisations before my medical exam.

As I haven't had any of the 3 of the course before, I am now being told the course takes 6 months! If I turn up with 2/3 of the course of injections to my medical, will I be told to wait the remaining amount of time before they can continue!?

Please help, I am so nervous.

We have just received our case complete email from the NVC took, so all the excitement of that has just been ripped from within me. I don't want to wait any longer than I have to to be home with my wife...

Relax everything is fine. You will just have the 3 you need for the visa. The follow ups can be done at your convenience once in the USA.

We had mine & my daughters done at our local county health clinic. Mine cost 23 dollars. My daughters were free. They created shots cards for us.

I couldn't even find my records from childhood. Had shots done at the Panel Physician. They even told me not to have any done before the medical as not all would be applicable. I had the MMR & Tdap. I don't even know if I'm supposed to have follow up shots in the US???

I couldn't even find my records from childhood. Had shots done at the Panel Physician. They even told me not to have any done before the medical as not all would be applicable. I had the MMR & Tdap. I don't even know if I'm supposed to have follow up shots in the US???

You can get more shots if you want to, but immigration will require nothing more from you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.