Rmitch86

Police report for Prague interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We have our NOA1 dated 4/17/15 and hopefully will have the NOA2 soon. Seeing the speed in which they are approving we are gathering interview documents now. Everything is pretty straight forward the only question we have is what is the name of the police report they need. In Czech we think it is the výpis z trestního rejstříku form. Any of my Czech buddies here know if thats correct? Thanks!

-Robert and Karolina

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone and sorry I'm writing in your topic, guys:)

I will have interview in US Embassy in Prague as well and I would like to ask if you've translated "výpis z trestního rejstříku" into English? Or they will accept this form in czech language? Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day:)

Timeline

Hi there

when I went to the embassy I had my birth certificate and all police reports translated to eng. the USCIS office told me that all documents should be transleted to eng. It cost around 1000kč

Good luck.

Edited by Nicolla

Timeline

Hi there

when I went to the embassy I had my birth certificate and all police reports translated to eng. the USCIS office told me that all documents should be transleted to eng. It cost around 1000kč

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for reply. I will visit a translation office then. Kind regards.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

When having your birth certificate and criminal record check translated for the interview did you only get the plain translation - or did you also have the copies of the documents verified by a notary first and accompanied them with an apostille? Did the Prague Embassy gave you any feedback on what's sufficient?

I might be over-thinking this, but was thinking if going to a translator we might as well have all the important docs (birth certificate, criminal record, possibly college diploma for future employer) translated & verified so that it can be later used when needed.

Anyone has experience with this? We are curious what all docs to translate (even for a later use) and what the proper process is so that we don't waste time and money on unnecessary steps (or leave out any important ones)

Thanks!

10/29/2020 - Oath Ceremony & became a U.S. Citizen

04/05/2020 - Filed N-400 to get Citizenship

03/07/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

01/31/2018 - Filed I-751 ROC (CSC)

04/22/2016 - 2 Year Green Card received

02/08/2016 - Filed AOS

12/15/2015 - Got married

10/26/2015 - K1 received

05/08/2015 - Filed I-129F

03/27/2015 - Got engaged

03/27/2010 - First met and started dating

Timeline

So far I can only help with the police certificate as I'm wondering about the diploma myself. I had my police certificate translated and certified with a court appointed translator but that's Czech procedure so I'm not sure if that's what the embassy meant. Either way they didn't ask for it so I can't tell you if it was correct.

Thanks for a reply - I will probably do something similar.

We still need to collect the affidavit related financial docs as the embassy worked faster than expected and mailed the packet already. I am thinking for the interview the court translated criminal record will suffice - so I guess I need to find out how much energy to put in translated personal docs for future use in the US...

10/29/2020 - Oath Ceremony & became a U.S. Citizen

04/05/2020 - Filed N-400 to get Citizenship

03/07/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

01/31/2018 - Filed I-751 ROC (CSC)

04/22/2016 - 2 Year Green Card received

02/08/2016 - Filed AOS

12/15/2015 - Got married

10/26/2015 - K1 received

05/08/2015 - Filed I-129F

03/27/2015 - Got engaged

03/27/2010 - First met and started dating

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.