Mrs.Ola

Desperately needed help!!!

3 posts in this topic

Okay heres my story im here in california with a cr-1 visa granted last sept 2014 iam happily married and everything going on smoothly until i made a huge mistake i was arrested for shoplifting last may 12, 2015 i have a court case this june 8 and i have a lawyer taking care of that my husband doesnt know about this or anyone else except me and my lawyer iam so scared and embarrassed right now i dont know what will happen but pls if someone can enlighten me what will happen to my petition on removing my condition next year? Will this misdemeanor record will affect it? Will i be denied right away? Am i going to be deported? I know i made a mistake and im pying for it right now i know what i did was wrong and iam deeply regretting everything i just dont want to leave my husband pls i need advise i also know that i have to seek an immigration attorney but i just want somebody opinion. Thank you and godbless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I have no idea about the specifics of your case - and you will need to have a good attorney. But when my daughter was here on a K-1 (before she received her green card), she was caught shoplifting. We disclosed it in the filing and nothing happened. All the filings went through just fine. (Her case was a juvenile case). I disclosed the arrest on the filing paperwork, so there was nothing hidden. The government just never asked about it. Their Removal of Conditions went through fine as well.

My advice: tell your husband. Be prepared to tell the immigration folks. Don't hide anything. Tell them it was a mistake, do what you can to make it right, and hope for the best. Good luck.

Carlos

Okay heres my story im here in california with a cr-1 visa granted last sept 2014 iam happily married and everything going on smoothly until i made a huge mistake i was arrested for shoplifting last may 12, 2015 i have a court case this june 8 and i have a lawyer taking care of that my husband doesnt know about this or anyone else except me and my lawyer iam so scared and embarrassed right now i dont know what will happen but pls if someone can enlighten me what will happen to my petition on removing my condition next year? Will this misdemeanor record will affect it? Will i be denied right away? Am i going to be deported? I know i made a mistake and im pying for it right now i know what i did was wrong and iam deeply regretting everything i just dont want to leave my husband pls i need advise i also know that i have to seek an immigration attorney but i just want somebody opinion. Thank you and godbless

What was the price of the item you were caught shoplifting? That would largely determine how serious the crime is and if you can be charged with felony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.