Kerry and Lea

NBI Online

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok the new online registration for NBI is VERY confusing. First they ask your status so she choose annulled. When you choose annulled it asks for the husbands name. So once you are registered it then takes you to the application. We put in her maiden name and then put in her former married name in the AKA box. The we choose civil status as annulled again. But when we did this it again asked about the husbands name, Once you fill in the data and save it now has her former married name at the top of the online application and still of course has her name as maiden and aka as former married. My concern is that they will issue an NBI with her married name since it is now the name at the top of the online application and since the AKA name is the same we will then NOT get a clearance with her maiden name which she now uses. When we choose single as the civil status it eliminates the previous married name at the top of the online application but has the AKA as the former married name which is the way I think it should be to ensure both names on the NBI. SO I am just confused why they have a civil status of annulled and it then changes the main name at the top of the application. Any one else experience this and can anyone help me at what to do. I am thinking of getting one as single and then one as annulled in previous married name just in case the first one is wrong. I know this sounds confusing because it is. Anyone feel free to e-mail me wayne7650@yahoo.com. I am in arizona and would love to talk with anyone who did online NBI and yet was annulled and got the correct NBI for the K-1 visa. Thanks!

At the beginning of the page, you are basically just creating an account. So whatever name that is appearing on the top most right portion with blue background has nothing to do with the actual NBI clearance application. It's just your log-in name for the website.

Once you are done with filling out the application form and click on Save, you will see that the details will show her maiden name and the married name as AKA.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is about country-specific process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the info about the blue but it does change that name in blue depending on whether or not I choose annulled or single parent/single. The blue name will be in her annulled previous married name if I choose annulled because I have to put in husbands name or it wont let me save the page. If I choose single/single parent then the blue still stays in annulled previous name until I actually go back and delete the husbands name from the form on when I choose annulled and then save and then choose single/parent. So I hope you can see the confusion. I am not sure it makes a difference as you said what it says at the top in blue. I just want to know if I should be choosing annulled and then I am required to put in husbands name or single/single parent and thus delete husbands name. Either way as you said her maiden name is below in the application under the blue highlight name and her annulled previous married name is under AKA. Do I need to type in the AKA box annulled name or previous married name before iI put the actual name or just put the name in the box. Sorry but all this is confusing and I want to make sure we do it right so we don't get any 221g at the interview. At the end if none of this works can I just get an NBI with single name and no AKA and then annulled name no AKA thus getting 2 NBI's? I am then doing to apps. 1 with single name and one with annulled. Of course this is a last result. Does the online system let you apply for 2 and pay for 2 separately? Lastly, when you type the annulled name in the AKA box will they just print that name on the NBI clearance as a cleared name along with the maiden name that you use as the main name searched?

This is all very hard to explain on here :unsure: Do you want me to PM my mobile number and I can walk you through it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.