Jack2107

affidavit of support using beneficiary income

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys as you may know that our co sponsor pulled out on us and we are looking for a new co sponsor with maybe a few people in mind that may be willing to help us... Fingers crossed..

But my question is about using my income that will still continue when I move over to the states.

Anyone had any luck using this on the form or anyone know of any advice or even if the Goverment would even accept this.

Yes. You can use your continuing income. Read the instructions for the form I 864.

Hi there,

Yes I read that you can but has anyone been successful with doing so and does anyone have any helpful pointers for us?

Thnx ?

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, no, I and others don't know your history or story. Fill us in. The instructions are pretty clear really. A job that continues when relocating/re-domiciling to the US from overseas is actual current earned income. There is little confusion about that.

I ditto what another person said, read the instructions. What advice is there? The question on the form is asking current earned income. NO confusion. The other issue is, why was this not an issue for you before the other person pulled out? You still needed to file as a sponsor, right, or were you denied due to domicile and didn't need to file? Did you file taxes the past 3 years?

You're trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Many thanks for your response. But I'm not making an issue out of nothing.

My husband has filed his taxes every year and currently has the last 3 years taxes ready for the affidavit of support.

My employment from the UK to the USA can continue when my case is complete but I'm not sure if many people have done this with success and what proof would be required from me the petitioner for continued employment.

Also would I need to pay two lots of taxes? UK and USA?

Also what would happen if my empoyment did come to an end within the states?

It's questions I don't know the answer to, that why I'm trying to reach out to people that know the answers.

People doing this for adjustment of status from a K1 have been asked to submit documentation showing they have authorization to work in the US. You won't be adjusting status and will be authorized to work the day you enter the US. You might consider a statement just to make it clear that your income will continue from the same source after your move to the US and with a CR1 visa, you will be granted permanent resident status when you enter the US and thus will be authorized to work. You will also need written confirmation from your employer on letterhead, detailing the nature of your job, the salary (approx US dollars), and that you will continue in that role in the US.

When you immigrate, you will pay taxes on your income to the US and no longer to the UK. It is part of a tax treaty which basically says you pay where you live. There are forms to fill out with the UK so you are not taxed there after your residence changes.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.