Ceilla

Bring My Mom to Visit me here in US

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So, I married my husband 2 years ago. I came to the US almost 2 years ago. I haven't gotten a chance to get back to Indonesia, because I've been busy with school and work.

We wanted my mom to visit us here in The US, I haven't seen her for almost 2 years now. I miss her so badly.

She applied for tourist visa already and she just had her interview today. The officer asked her "have she ever come to America before, and what is her purpose coming to America." They asked for all her document.

Since my mom was on prison 25 years ago for 1 years, because of she got set up by our own family. The officer asked for letter from the court and police about her behavior. The officer that interview her, have her green paper. And asked her to complete send that letter by email and reschedule her interview.

My question here, do you think will it be possible for my mom to come here?

She's not working anymore and she own house in Indonesia and my sister need her help to take care of her children. She doesn't have a lot of money, because me and my sibling support her now.

Does anyone know what kind of color paper that the officer will give to her if the accept or denied her visa request.

I'm a little bit depress here, because I'm not there and I can't really help her with anything. To help her get through this visa process.

Any suggestion will be very appreciate.

Thank you.

-Ceilla Norman-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Bringing Family to Tourist Visa forum, as this is the visa the Op is asking about *****

What was the reason your mom was in prison? Even if it was 25 years ago, if it was for, say, drugs, that could be an issue.

Has your mom travelled out of Indonesia before? Having a travel history (and returnigng to the home country) often helps with tourist visa approval.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.