3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Everyone. I have been told to post on this forum to see if someone is going thru the same stressor and same dilemma.

and that is the co-sponsorship in the K-1 visa.

i am the Petitioner. i do not have any ITR because i have been living in the Philippines for a long time. i just recently went back here in the US. I do not earn much, since i just recently arrived and started working. i only earned $1,600/month. so i consider in having a co sponsor.

now the problem is the candidate for my co sponsor is living in a different state from where i live. and the co sponsor is not blood related to me. otherwise related to my fiancé, who happened to be his aunt. his aunt have known me long enough and our relationship. but i have not met his aunt in person yet, but have talked with her in the past over the phone.

so i am wondering if any one of you here have used co sponsor (whether the co sponsor is related to the beneficiary or not, or a family member, relative or close friend of the petitioner and it the co sponsor if living in the same state or area or do not live in the same state as the petitioner.) and have been approved, and what were the questions of the CO.

please do advise me. thank you!

(L)(L)(L)

Met in a Texting Clan: Jan. 24, 2012

He started courting even we have not met in person yet: Feb. 1, 2012

He went home in Davao from Manila to meet me; but i refused to see him : Feb 4, 2012

He went back to Manila (without having to see me): Feb. 14, 2012

I said yes to him: March 2, 2012 :dancing::luv:

I went to Manila: April 17, 2012 (his birthday and it was the first surprise I made for him)

He went to where I was staying to meet me in person : April 20, 2012

He proposed despite of not being in good terms: June 26, 2014

(yes! yes! Twas a long engagement. 1 year this June 26, 2015 :dancing: )

Flew back in the U.S after being away for too long: March 19, 2015

Started to compile docs for the K-1 packet: May 11, 2015

Completed: June 2, 2015

K-1 packet sent to Dallas Lockbox: June 5, 2015

Noa1 received via text and e-mail: June 11, 2015

(via USPS priority mail)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

USEM is difficult with a co-sponsor using the K-1 visa, one thing they look for is the co-sponsor being a close relative of the petitioner. Would be much simpler if you were chasing a spousal visa.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get another part time job to supplement your income just in case it is needed.

That way you can show paystubs that exceed poverty level

There is a chance no documentation will be asked, if it is then you could wait and see and if needed you could get a second job

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.