Binh Nguyen

Help! I made some mistakes filling out the DS-260 form!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So, I submitted the DS-260 (05/10/2015) and found out today that I had made some small mistakes in the form :(. Here are the mistakes:

1. Having an extra letter in my father's current address in the US: Ontario Drive (correct) -> Ontarior Drive (in the form). The address is repeated like 3 times in other areas in the form.
  2. Missing one letter in my permanent address in my home country: Quang Trung Street (correct) -> Quan Trung Street (in the form).

Also, when I filled out the form (I am the applicant), my father was providing me some family infomation. Hence, I included him as a preparer since he helped me with the form. Will this cause any issues?

What should I do know, please help me :(.

Edited by Binh Nguyen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I do not believe there's a real issue, when they look things up, I'm sure they get alternative spellings, just like when we google things. IF they even take the time to look these minor things. Also, if they mail things to your fathers address, the mail sorting room in that location probably can figure out what you meant, one letter is not a big deal, imo. My in-laws mail us things all the time, with an partly incorrect address. We haven't bothered to correct them, because...it works. lol

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.