aljenca

Visa Retrogression Question and CSPA for my son's visa case

2 posts in this topic

I'm hoping that somebody here can help me with my questions regarding my son's Visa case. According to USCIS Website, below is how Retrogressed Visa Cases should be processed. According to the below, my son's case "must be held in abeyance until a visa once again becomes available". The retrogression happened before my son turned 21 in December 2010, thus his case should have been held in abeyance effective December 2010. His priority date is 8/17/2010, thus, he should have had his visa in December 2012.
USCIS Website definition for retrogression:
"How USCIS Processes Retrogressed Visas Cases
If, at the time of adjudication, an applicant’s priority date no longer meets the cut-off date published in the Visa Bulletin, due to retrogression, his or her case must be held in abeyance until a visa once again becomes available. If the adjudication of your Form I-485 will not require an in-person interview at a USCIS office, then your case will be held at the USCIS Service Center where you initially filed your application. "
If you have been interviewed at a USCIS office and a visa is not available, then USCIS may hold your case at the following locations until a visa becomes available.
  • Employment-based visa-retrogressed cases are held at the Texas Service Center (TSC) upon completion of any required interview and other processing steps.
  • Family-sponsored visa retrogressed cases are held at the National Benefits Center (NBC) upon completion of the interview and other processing steps.
USCIS will finalize processing of visa-retrogressed cases when applicants' priority dates become available (current) based on the dates in the current month’s Visa Bulletin. If USCIS needs updated information from an applicant, we may send out correspondencesuch as requests for evidence or an interview notice. Therefore, it is very important that applicants keep their addresses current with USCIS."
USCIS Website definition for retrogression:
"How USCIS Processes Retrogressed Visas Cases
If, at the time of adjudication, an applicant’s priority date no longer meets the cut-off date published in the Visa Bulletin, due to retrogression, his or her case must be held in abeyance until a visa once again becomes available. If the adjudication of your Form I-485 will not require an in-person interview at a USCIS office, then your case will be held at the USCIS Service Center where you initially filed your application. "
If you have been interviewed at a USCIS office and a visa is not available, then USCIS may hold your case at the following locations until a visa becomes available.
  • Employment-based visa-retrogressed cases are held at the Texas Service Center (TSC) upon completion of any required interview and other processing steps.
  • Family-sponsored visa retrogressed cases are held at the National Benefits Center (NBC) upon completion of the interview and other processing steps.
USCIS will finalize processing of visa-retrogressed cases when applicants' priority dates become available (current) based on the dates in the current month’s Visa Bulletin. If USCIS needs updated information from an applicant, we may send out correspondencesuch as requests for evidence or an interview notice. Therefore, it is very important that applicants keep their addresses current with USCIS."
Month Visa Bulletin
F2A-Priority Date 8/1/2010 3/1/2009 9/1/2010 1/1/2010 10/1/2010 4/1/2010 11/1/2010 6/1/2010 12/1/2010 8/1/2010 <<<My Son's Priority Date is 8/17/2010 1/1/2011 1/1/2008 <<<Visa Priority Date Retrogression-Unfair for my Son's case 2/1/2011 1/1/2008 3/1/2011 1/1/2007 4/1/2011 4/1/2007 5/1/2011 6/8/2007 6/30/2011 <<<My son turned 21 12/1/2012 8/22/2010
<<<His priority date becomes current.

Sincerely,
Jen Wareh

Sincerely,
Jen Wareh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Over 21 has another 5 or 6 years to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.