mikhaildmitri

Would it be faster if I submit all documents and form needed along with I-129F?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, Sorry but I couldn't find a topic with same questions as mine.

Is it going to be faster if I submit all these along with the I-129F instead of waiting for NOA2 approval before I send these?

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance(e) to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance(e) should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.
5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate:
(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance
(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available)
© If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).
Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.
6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well)
7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).
Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you
have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent),
and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type.
Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of
engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional -
do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Do you mean to your fiancé with a copy of the I-129f or actually with the original petition?

Because most of these would be useless with the petition as they are specifically needed for the interview.

If you mean to your fiancé then yes you can send some now.

But having no idea when you may get your NoA2 some of these will be out of date.

It's best to wait.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No. Sending in what is not required for the I-129F petition will not make it go faster. USCIS approves the petition, and they approve it based on whether or not the two of you are free and legally able to marry at the time the petition is filed, whether or not you have met in person within the 2 years prior to filing, and whether or not you intend to marry in the US within 90 days of entry via the K-1 visa. All the requirements listed in the I-129F form instructions.

When the petition is approved, the foreign fiance(e) is eligible to apply with the Dept. of State at the US consulate in their country for the K-1 visa. They are the ones that require the I-134 affidavit of support to prove the foreign fiance(e) will not become a public charge. The USCIS will not adjudicate the I-134 and make that decision. The CO(consular officer) will at the visa interview.

The filing of the I-129F petition and applying for the K-1 visa are two different processes. Even if you send in the documents that are required for the K-1 visa interview along with the I-129F petition, you will need to re-send them again for the actual visa interview where they will be required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.