Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-131 while I-751 pending

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife and I are planning on living abroad for 350 days in her home country, however, we have just filed I-751 because her green card expires in July. We are planning on leaving in early July and I am not sure if I have to file a form I-131 (reentry permit), and if so, when would be the best time? Specifically, can I file I-131 now before I get a result from our I-751? On I-131 its says that the reentry permit is good for up to only 2 years, or to the date conditional residency expires, which in our case is this July. I anticipate that we will get the 1 year NOA extension soon and so we would like to submit I-131 ASAP so that we can do the biometrics ASAP. However, I am not sure if the immigration officer processing my I-131 will see that we have an I-751 pending. Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.