lereta

3rd Interview after Approved I-601?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am left frustrated and am wondering if anyone has heard of this scenario. My husband faced the 10-year ban but praise God, his I-601 was approved on April 15, 2015. Since he voluntarily left 5 years ago - I am very overly anxious to get him back home. I emailed the consulate in Bridgetown to request that they email me his instruction letter and they advised me that we had to fill out the online DS-260 since the paper IV application we originally filed was no longer valid. No problem, I completed it and the CEAC website says "Ready" (he is a CR1 Visa Class).

I emailed them again to notify them of the completed form and here is their response:

The applicant is registered in a category which does not use visa numbers. An appointment will be arranged within six to ten weeks for an interview with the Consular Officer.

My heart dropped when I read this. I don't understand what they mean by the different category. He has already had two interviews with them and everything was approved at the last one except we needed the waiver, which we now have. Does this sound normal? Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

He is a spouse, so not on a quota (be glad) however

when the last interview been over a yr, and medical over 6 mths

some embassies runs back thru the interview, no sweat if nothing

can come up you already have the approved I601, keeping

ones nose clean is all that's needed until this final AP is done

Timeline

We got his new interview date and they want us to re-submit the I-864, medical, police records, and photos. My new question is whether I should go with him to the interview or if it would be okay for me not to go. It is very costly for me to travel there and that is the ONLY reason why I am hesitant. I attended the first two interviews already. Any opinions?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Lereta, сould you please tell me what was your filing date of the waiver? I am on the same regular 601 waiver route too and waiting for responсe. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

No you don't need to, that is for collection of all updated docs I864 etc those were oldm

with I601 approved and checked so thoroughly one would have to go out & mess up anew

for prob....goodluck

Thanks. I just won't feel good until he is actually here. Every time I think we are getting closer, another thing blocks progress. I am tired of getting my hopes up and getting knocked down again. It really wears you out. I appreciate the support.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Our I-601 was received Dec. 18, 2014 and approved on April 15, 2015. What was your file date?

Oh ok...Thanks a lot..ours is Marсh 19th...regular 601 as well...ooohhhh I badly want to hear some news soon...Have a wonderful life together with your speсial one!

Timeline

Oh ok...Thanks a lot..ours is Marсh 19th...regular 601 as well...ooohhhh I badly want to hear some news soon...Have a wonderful life together with your speсial one!

Yes, I pray for all the broken families to be reunited. I wish you a quick answer!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.