akpman

Questions on filling DS 260

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I am preparing to fill DS260 form for my mother.

1. Should I list all the addresses or addresses where she stayed for more than 6 months.

2. 10 years ago, my parents went to Delhi consulate for B2 visa as they got earlier interview slot. They are actually from South India and they are supposed to go to Chennai. We gave New Delhi local address where my uncle lives in the form DS160.

They were denied visa and verbally asked them to Chennai for interview. After that, they did not apply for any visa to USA.

a. Even though we do not have any paperwork of denial, we are planning answer Yes for prior Visa denial and explain the situation. Will this cause any issue in current immigrant visa processing.

b. We gave a local address where my uncle lived that time in New Delhi as Home address in form DS160. Will it cause any issue as fraud? Should we add this address as list of addresses in DS260 now - even though they never meant to

meant to establish residence.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

After I read online, it seems DS230 older form has that 6 months rule. New DS260 does not have any rule like that. Technically, you can fill as many addresses as possible. The rule seems to be that place should be a place where you intended to stay - not a hotel or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.