Life2Live4

Packet 4 has not arrived!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello,

I want to know what are my options when a packet 4 that i expecting has not arrive yet and i am leaving to see my fiance tomorrow. I was told that i cannot go to the interview without the packet 4 letter, Is this true? Are there any other ways i can get around this? When i booked my flight, i did not know whether i would be able to stay around for the interview with my fiance, then i checked the website and it shows the date when her interview will be. When i saw the date, i knew i had to extend my stay so i can go with her, now im worried that the letter will not be here by tomorrow before my flight. I know I can probably get my relatives to send me the letter when it does arrive but i m just afraid it might be lost in the mail going oversea. So are there ways around it? Canceling my flight is not an option because i have already paid extra just to extend my flight and i want to spend as much time with her as possible before the interview and i have to be back in the states soon after the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For India I did not wait for Packet 4

I went ahead on the NVC status check site, put in the Case # from the NVC letter, and when it said Ready I proceeded to

a) get PCC in India

b) fill out DS-160 and got back confirmation letter

c) paid for Visa fee and

d) scheduling both Dr apt and Visa interview.

Point being, I did not wait.

Based on your timeline I would advise the same.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia: East & Pacific Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

While you are at Cambodia, try to check your case status online each day. You can also check US embassy website in phnom penh for your interview date. They updated interview date every Friday. You can also contact US embassy at Phnom Penh to find out the status of your case too. The phone number can be list on their website. For K-1, usually the US embassy will contact your finance' for interview date. Hope this info might help a little...enjoy your vacation!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.