hasson

Visiter visa for parents

7 posts in this topic

My parents had interview today less than 4 minutes and counsoler didn't check any documents just took the passport and flipped it said 'not enough travel stamps for other countries they traveled' so, can't give visa.

I wanted to know is anyone went through this type of thing?

Edited by hasson

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wanted to know is anyone went through this type of thing?

Lots and lots of people, the tourist visa system is unfit for purpose.

But I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes that is quite common. If you can have your parents visit other places (maybe get a Schengen visa and travel to Europe?), and return home, that often does the trick.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can apply right away, but waiting and having her take a trip elsewhere means she'll have better chances of getting approved.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thanks.

Yes I ll let her know that.

Also I was bit confuse it's not like heroes sport is never stamped she went to vacation for India and Saudi. I am due in a couple months that's one reason too she want to be here for me. But I know that is not a storm reason for travel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.