canuk2usa

Are there deadlines during NVC stage (especially when mailing AOS/IV package)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After NOA2, the case gets transferred to NVC and case number gets assigned.

I think after this, they will start asking for DS261, AOS Fee, IV fee, DS260.

I am wondering how much time do we have to complete: AOS Fee, IV Fee DS260, mailing of i864?

Does USCIS give me a deadline to pay fees? and when the AOS & IV package must be compiled and mailed to them?

Right around the time, before we send the AOS & IV, I was planning to fly back to the US and start the US house lease (already arranged). My husband would stay behind in Canada.

We would then provide that address for the petitioner (in i-864 i believe). It seems that this would make things much easier at Montreal consulate, as I would show that I, petitioner, have already moved back and domicile has been established. To make sure this would work, I'd like to figure out how much flexibility/deadlines we will have at NVC stage.

appreciate any insight.

1 year between each contact to the NVC to submit or contact them. You can draw out the NVC process for at least 2 years if not more.

USCIS needs the immigrant fee after visa is given and before 1 year after entry to the USA for the production of the hard copy green card.

If the beneficiary enters the USA on or after their 2nd wedding anniversary they will be granted an IR1 instead of a CR1 which does not require the removal of conditions.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thx NLR

That's good to know that we have that flexibility (in case if the i130 is approved faster than 5 months). We could maybe pay the AOS/IV fees online. Then, if needed, we will delay mailing the AOS & IV package, say 2-4 months until I physically go to the US. Hopefully petitioner being located in the US at the completion of NVC process will reduce the Montreal's domicile headaches.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.