10 posts in this topic

We just filed my wife's DS-260 last weekend and sent our AoS & IV packages a couple of days ago (we had to wait for one final item to come from Korea). We now have to wait for the NVC to process these two packages and the DS-260... the question is, how long will this take?

Just want to ask anyone out there what your experience is with filing the DS-260 (with the AoS/IV packages) and how long it takes to (a) achieve case closed, and (b) hear about an interview date?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure the NVC are still quoting 60 days for document review, but they've been completing them a lot quicker recently. Check the scan date to case complete spreadsheet to get an idea of current processing times, alongside the timeline search function.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/t0Qmu5HLrDk6pFgGUdGsISA/htmlview?pli=1

Again, you can get an idea of how quickly interviews are scheduled by checking the respective tracking spreadsheet and filtering for your country.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dEhlZjdKczRMRmJrSnc5MTk1SkVrYVE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

They have been quoting 45 days now for the documents to be reviewed, and sometimes 60 days for the DS-261 to be reviewed.

The times have recently dropped, so keep an eye on the spreadsheets. They are the best tools we've got.

Keep checking the CEAC site, and if you see the AOS Fee turn from paid to N/A, then call them immediately, as it usually means your case was reviewed.

CR-1 Journey:                                                                 ROC Journey:

6/25/2013 Engaged                                                        4/13/2017 Mailed I-751 to CSC

7/19/2014 Married                                                          4/17/2017 I-751 Received CSC

8/12/2014 CR1 Started                                                  5/2/2017 Check Cashed

6/17/2015 CR1 Interview                                               5/3/2017 NOA1 Received

7/10/2015 Arrival @ POE                                               5/25/2017 Biometrics Appt

2/26/2018 Case Transferred to "Local Office" 

7/5/2018 InfoPass Appt for Extension

7/31/2018 Case Approved

8/3/2018 Received Green Card

April 2017 I-751 Filers Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=0

Many thanks to everyone - this helps tremendously.

We got a bit behind schedule due to a cockup at the NVC - I'd paid the AOS fee & completed the DS-261... but while the NVC accepted the payment (they never lose money, do they) they lost the DS-261 & didn't tell me about it for 4 weeks. I had to resubmit it in early April, but it took only a week to process. This put us a month behind, though. Hopefully it will go fast since we need to get back to the US in July if at all possible so the kids can get in school!

Cheers,

James

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

AoS/IV Documents received at NVC on 24 April 2015. I'll be calling tomorrow to see what the processing time is and let you know what they say.

When you call see if they have your case in the system, if they do you should get your case details like case number and invoice identification number so you can start on paying your two fees and filling your two forms for your case to progress. If you wait for their mail/email communications, you could spend months in the process. Check the guide on this site, there is a lot of info that could shave you a lot of waiting time.

When you call see if they have your case in the system, if they do you should get your case details like case number and invoice identification number so you can start on paying your two fees and filling your two forms for your case to progress. If you wait for their mail/email communications, you could spend months in the process. Check the guide on this site, there is a lot of info that could shave you a lot of waiting time.

All the fees are paid (AOS, IV), the DS-260 is complete, and the two packages (AOS, IV) are sent and received. What I'm curious about is the time between scanning in the packages and case complete, then time to interview. Thanks, though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

All the fees are paid (AOS, IV), the DS-260 is complete, and the two packages (AOS, IV) are sent and received. What I'm curious about is the time between scanning in the packages and case complete, then time to interview. Thanks, though!

Hahaaa I must have missed my coffee this morning! Sorry.

I should have seen that from all your posts. From scan date to case complete should be soon, they are quoting 30 days but its taking less in most cases, mine took 24 days. Good luck and a quicker CC!

Hahaaa I must have missed my coffee this morning! Sorry.

I should have seen that from all your posts. From scan date to case complete should be soon, they are quoting 30 days but its taking less in most cases, mine took 24 days. Good luck and a quicker CC!

Thanks! Our fingers (and toes) are crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.