yuzhang0722

Should I schedule my parents interview by myself or wait for Guangzhou to schedule?

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

I am petitioning both my parents to us.

First, thanks to this post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506306-guangzhou-approved-the-expediate-request-how-long-will-it-take-nvc-to-transfer-the-case-to-guangzhou/. I followed the steps on the post and here is where i am.

I am doing expedited email processing(EP) for Guangzhou.

4/15: Guangzhou approved my expedited requests on 4/15

4/17: i called NVC and they forwarded both my parents casefile to guangzhou electrically on 4/17.

4/19: I sent request to guangzhou using Immigrant Visa Unit Inquiry Form on 4/19 asked them to retrieve my parents casefile from SAFEFILE and start the internal processing as soon as possible. And asked for an interview date hopefully in April.

4/20: Here is what I got from Guangzhou IV just now. And when I check on CEAC, their case status is "Administrative Processing"

"Please note your father's visa application is currently under pre-interview processing. We will contact your father with instructions on how to schedule a visa interview once the processing is complete"

My question is, what should I do now? Should I wait for them to contact my father or I can go ahead to schedule interview on www.straveldocs.com/cn by myself?

Does guangzhou will contact my father? if they do, what kind of questions they will ask my father? How will we receive the interview appointment letter, mail to my parents or email to me/parents?

if anyone have any experience/idea on this, I will be much appreciate for your sharing/help!

Thanks a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.