TheLivingProof

A few questions before I file my AOS Package

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am new to this form and almost done with my AOS package. I just have a few questions. Firstly on the i-864 form it says on Part 4 Section 12 I am currently on active duty in the US armed services. He is about to go away for training in a few weeks would I put that he is on active duty?

Also, I just wanted to check whether the evidence I have is enough for the I-130 form of proof of bonafide marriage -

A joint Bank account

A joint Lease

Marriage Ceremony Photos

Birthday/Valentines Day Cards

Photos of us together throughout the years

Bus tickets from when we first met

Online Order addressed to me but with his name as the billing name - both same address

Would you recommend I get anything else or will this be enough?

Lastly, I have lost my i-94 number, I stupidly lost that darn green form.......However I do still have the passport with the entry stamp on it. Will this be enough or do I need to file a I-201? I have read it some forums you are fine just with the entry stamp but then some people say you do need to file the I-201.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Also, I just wanted to check whether the evidence I have is enough for the I-130 form of proof of bonafide marriage -

A joint Bank account

A joint Lease

Marriage Ceremony Photos

Online Order addressed to me but with his name as the billing name - both same address

A copy of your marriage certificate needs to be attached.

Lastly, I have lost my i-94 number, I stupidly lost that darn green form.......However I do still have the passport with the entry stamp on it. Will this be enough or do I need to file a I-201? I have read it some forums you are fine just with the entry stamp but then some people say you do need to file the I-201.

They stopped giving the I-94 cards, it's all computerized now. You can find your I-94 number here https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

04/02/2015: AOS (1-130, I-131, I-485, I-765) package sent to Chicago Lockbox
04/07/2015: Day 0: AOS package accepted

04/09/2015: Day 2: AOS package was routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center

04/10/2015: Day 3: Checks cashed

04/14/2015: Day 7: Hard copies of NOA received for all the forms

04/17/2015: Day 10: Received biometrics appointment for 04/28

04/28/2015: Day 21: Biometrics complete

05/01/2015: Day 24: RFE received

05/11/2015: Day 34: RFE response sent

06/02/2015: Day 56: I-485 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

07/02/2015: Day 86: Received EAD approval letter in mail

07/16/2015: Day 100: Received EAD-AP combo card in mail

I am new to this form and almost done with my AOS package. I just have a few questions. Firstly on the i-864 form it says on Part 4 Section 12 I am currently on active duty in the US armed services. He is about to go away for training in a few weeks would I put that he is on active duty?

A joint Bank account

A joint Lease

Marriage Ceremony Photos

I can only help you on I-94:

You can try retrieve your I-94 information from this website:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh sorry forgot to mention that I had the marriage certificate too. Do I need any further documents to prove that we are in a real marriage?

I cannot retrieve my I-94 from the website as I came here before they were computerized......

Oh sorry forgot to mention that I had the marriage certificate too. Do I need any further documents to prove that we are in a real marriage?

I cannot retrieve my I-94 from the website as I came here before they were computerized......

For the i-94, you ll have to file for i-102. The copy of i-94 is important for AOS because it shows that you entered the U.S. legally after inspection. It's better to file for i-102 right away as it could take some time to get it. In the mean time when you apply for AOS, if you get an RFE for i-94, hopefully you ll have it by then. There's a time limit to respond to an RFE, hence it's best to file for i-102 immediately.

04/02/2015: AOS (1-130, I-131, I-485, I-765) package sent to Chicago Lockbox
04/07/2015: Day 0: AOS package accepted

04/09/2015: Day 2: AOS package was routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center

04/10/2015: Day 3: Checks cashed

04/14/2015: Day 7: Hard copies of NOA received for all the forms

04/17/2015: Day 10: Received biometrics appointment for 04/28

04/28/2015: Day 21: Biometrics complete

05/01/2015: Day 24: RFE received

05/11/2015: Day 34: RFE response sent

06/02/2015: Day 56: I-485 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

07/02/2015: Day 86: Received EAD approval letter in mail

07/16/2015: Day 100: Received EAD-AP combo card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.