BKo

Postponing US citizenship interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I have the biometrics appointment on April 17 and I planned a long vacation in Europe in June and July. I am pretty sure they will put my interview right in the middle of my vacation - if I postpone the interview, how many extra months will they make me wait for the next interview (if they will even give me one)? Will they be able to tell me at the biometrics appointment the next available date, so I could decide right there if it would be worth coming back early instead?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All,

I have the biometrics appointment on April 17 and I planned a long vacation in Europe in June and July. I am pretty sure they will put my interview right in the middle of my vacation - if I postpone the interview, how many extra months will they make me wait for the next interview (if they will even give me one)? Will they be able to tell me at the biometrics appointment the next available date, so I could decide right there if it would be worth coming back early instead?

Based on what I've read, rescheduling usually results in a 1to 3 month delay, but it can also cause serious complications.

You can read some cases I compiled here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472784-examples-of-postponingrescheduling-interviews/?p=6727804

They won't tell you anything about the interview at biometrics.

Personally, I would not delay the interview or oath ceremony for anything other than an emergency.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Based on my experience, I was scheduled for the interview on April 17th but I sent them a letter explaining that I would be traveling during that time. I also attached my airplane ticket. A few days later, I received a notice indicating that my interview has been rescheduled to May 1st (one week after my return).

Hope this helps and good luck.

K1 Visa

07-20-05 : Sent I-129F to CSC

07-21-05 : Petition I-129F received

10-24-05 : Thailand received

10-29-05 : Received letter by snail mail

12-22-05 : Interview date

12-23-05 : Visa approved

01-20-06 : Enter the US

02-03-06 : Date of Marriage

AOS & EAD

02-21-06 : Sent I-485 and I-765 to Chicago

02-27-06 : Notice dated

03-14-06 : Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

05-11-06 : EAD Approved

05-16-06 : EAD Received

06-08-06 : AOS Interview --> APPROVED --> Welcome Letter was mailed (Case Status Online)

06-20-06 : Green card received

Remove of Condition

05-19-08 : Mailed I-751 to CSC via Registered mail

05-20-08 : Notice date

05-21-08 : Check was cleared for $545

05-22-08 : Certified Mail receipt

05-23-08 : Received Notice in mail

05-29-08 : Biometric Notice Date

06-13-08 : Biometric Appointment

08-22-08 : Card Production Ordered!!!

08-29-08 : Greencard arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.